Monday, September 19, 2005

To Quetzal, alright tag you for your 5 weirdest habits. Please reveal yourself to the world. :P

Strangest of happenings here

I shall refrain from naming any names for the followed incident I am about to relate which just happened today, in hopes I wont be sued for anything... Please refrain from naming if you know what I am talking about.

Today during the afternoon class, my tutor was absent. So the class was split up to join various tutorial groups. I ended up in the class of a 'dreaded' lecturer whose imfamous words are "I am a very fierce teacher and I can make you stay back for another 30 minutes." Ever since that time, I learnt never to say such things explicitly to my future students. I realized that it makes students turn off and lose respect for the cher. Anyway, whilst she started the lesson, she utterly bore all of us to submission that into the 45th minute, I couldnt take it no more and went out to fill up my now-empty waterbottle. I was guzzling water to drown out the boredom.

I went out, walked towards the water cooler, next saw a few girls I know from another module. They saw me and waved me closer.

"Huh? Why arent you all in class", I asked.

"Do you know some guy is trying to jump?" they told me agitatedly.

"Huh? You mean trying to take his life?!? Now???"

There he is, they pointed to a direction which I squinted to take a closer look. True enough on the rooftop, there sat a man with his legs dangling over the ledge. Couldnt see his face cos we stood very very very far away.

"The men in blue condoned off the area and set up mattress below."

"So what happened exactly?"

"He was initially on the top, jumped onto the latch."

"Wonder what drove him to this state?" I spoke to no one in particular.

The lack of rest, stress from weekly deadlines, lack of life as a result, the so-recently ended study-break disguised as a holiday... All of us looked pale, tired with thick black rings under the eyes. I can see it clearly. For my case, I try to use my weekends to rest and play to keep sane. Then we stood and watched, hoping that he would be saved and discussing the possible reasons for this and looking at our own stress levels. Shortly we went back to class, whispered to the class and soon many went out on the pretense of toilet break to take a look. Soon a discussion ensued.

Sometime later, a classmate came back and told many excitedly that that guy was saved. Tackled down and saved. We all breathed a sign of relief.

Later after my short project meeting, I've decided to go out for a while to Jurong Point. It would be beneficial to my mental health and keep stress abay if I went to the arcade to shoot some guys dead. But I didnt. I looked around and walked around. Incidentally I am playing 'Predator Concrete Jungle' where I disembowelled humans, tear off heads, skin, burn, cut them in halves as Predator. I want more of it but sadly my short weekend didnt allow me time to 'massacre' more. But it is rather relaxing. Cos on sunday I felt like my old self again. Now back in hall, have to be contented with Mappling, killing cute snails, mushrooms and pigs.

Then I chanced upon, FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT'S CHILDREN!!!!!!!! Argh... its finally here. I watched the animation on the display tv set and drooled... wow! Went straight into the shop and asked whether it is here already. Yes but only available in Jap with japanese subtitles. Bomber no 1. Okay the price..... $89 for the movie....BOMBER NO 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a big fan of the FF franchise but 90 bucks for a movie. I must like watch it 12 times to get my money's worth. Still..... sign.... later went back to sleep. I need the sleep then I got started on yet another deadline.

SideTrack:

Tab's perpetual sleeping pose observed by me whilst doing my work late at night while she sleeps early... My thumbdrive is Mocha, the qian-bian cat bloster.

No comments: