Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bleah.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As the post title suggests, tat is the current state I am in. Started work on wednesday after a long break.

And there are so many adminstrative things to tend to, its mind-boggling. Some sound trival but are equally time-consuming if not requires some effort. Eg knowing the route to lead, arranging sitting n standing position, class rules, class timetable, class committee, class rooster, expectations, collecting of books and trying to match names to faces and memorise names. Thats just for class adminstration.

In work adminstration, there's your own timetable, avaian flu monitoring, letters to parent if any, plus lesson planning, lab slots, worksheet printing, paper setting and even setting your own.

CCA wise, mine has started! On the 2nd day of work. So I had to stay back, do some adminstrative things.

So the end result of the above tasks, on top of having to teach, plus some school-based activity the level is involved in = I stayed until 5.30pm+++ near 6pm every single day.

On top of that I wake up at 5.55am, got ready by 6.35am, grabbed a cab; of which the cab fare is about $9 due to congestion. Arrive there on the dot, and start work.

I had thought from earlier experiences at another workplace, generally its easier to manage your time in the morning session. Cos my experience from the afternoon is that I would proscratinate and absolutely refuse to turn up early unless I have to. Then time is spent on sleeping. Reaching home around 7.30pm, there is not much time to do much. Though I didnt mind sleeping late.

Luckily I am not having much trouble with my class. Lessons have started slowly, we are all warming up the engines to go for the 40week marathon. 1 week down. Bless my soul to live through 1 more year and clear 1 year off my bond.

Bububu...........

No comments: