Saturday, October 20, 2007

#Day 3

Well yesterday marked Day 3 of the Diet.
Food thus far
1) Brunch - a pack of nasi lemak, 1/4 slice of cheesecake, 1 vitasoy
2) Tea - 2 sticks of sweet potatoe, 1 mango juice
3) Dinner - Half a bowl of mian fen guo, 1 mango milkshake
4) Supper - a big cup of elephantcinno Earl grey tea without whip cream, with low fat milk, little sugar syrup

Hmm seems okay for the food. Thing I need to cut down on is the sweet drinks. Do have a weakness for them.

Anyway I met up with my long-lost friend. We hadnt seen each other for about 8 years. Its unbeliveably long ago yet doesnt seem so far back. We caught up over dinner and subsequently in the Orchard Library Cafe.

A funny note though...
There was a dialogue session held at the same time there and it was a discussion about Foreign maids and their issues. So certain invited parties, maids, doctor, employers and maid agency were represented. I started cracking some jokes when I heard some snippets of the dialogue.

Example 1
Maid: "We are people too. The employer asked me to sleep with him... I am very scared and depressed... "

Me: "My boss didnt ask to sleep with me, YET I still feel very depressed..."

Example 2
Maid: "I work long hours, sleep at 1am, wake up at 5am. Work very long..."

Me: " I sleep late too, wake up early too. Got to sweep floor, pick up rubbish... also work very long."

And some others. Cracking up my friend with the funny remarks. But it is true. Nowadays being an Educator is like "Zuo Niu Zuo Ma" (be cow, be horse) Everything also have to do. Things like getting your hands dirty, literally. On top of that still have to be "Professional", with all the portfolio and stuff. I find it hard to internalize both aspects. Oh well. Almost halfway there liao til the end?

Later she got to go, met up with the rest to do some shopping. An unintended purchase at Fila sale. Bought 3 track pants, 3 pairs of socks plus one bag at a special price of $10. Total purchase of $95. All for work i guess, save the bag. Its a good buy cos I have been wearing the same pair of track pants for about 2.5years. Its high time to get some before those break. K that concludes my shopping for work clothes.

No comments: