Thursday, November 05, 2009

Diet and Driving

Are dieting and driving related? Nope.

Diet

Its been almost an entire month of my mom running off to her hometown. At this point, there is NO MORE cooking for family. All meals are eaten out. Easier, save time and effort, and even cheaper. For this entire month, from monday to friday, everyday I wake up 9-10am and then go online first. Login evony to feed, poems to monitor shares, facebook to open restaurant, even other pages to read comics, watch animes and stuff.

Around 11.30 or so, I would ask my dad what he wants to eat for lunch, change and walk over next door to coffeeshop or even hawker centre to dabao back. For this whole month, bruch for me consists almost entirely of 杂菜饭 dabaoing. I started changing to eating chai fan with porridge 2-3 weeks back when my stomach wasnt so good and it stayed that way until now. Would add a pack of coffee or chestnut water depending on whether I wander over to the hawker centre. Inbetween there are days when I pay my bills, buy groccery eg milk, toilet paper, bread to restock the house for those who eat the bread for breakfast.

Dinner depends, if I went out in the late afternoon for driving and after that swimming, I would eat stuff like 麻油鸡 with rice or mostly Subway Chicken Breast sandwich (6 inch ones) Even a few evenings, I ended up eating Yong Tao Fu with rice. Very healthy indeed. In fact I am counting calorie quite closely when I do those. BUT for nights with Jap class and even Friday or when I head out, those seems to be the time when I over-eat. I do get hungry quite a bit, suspect is the porridge but still can be done if I make better food choices or eat smaller but more frequent meals, even eating earlier around 6pm helps. Last nite, I actually ate a foot-long subway chicken breast sandwich around 6.30pm, of course, I drink either Coke Lite or Coke Zero to help manage the calories.

Hmm I am developing a taste for Yong Tao Fu with rice, even craving for it today in the afternoon. Usually I dont even eat once a year but recently after eating with my sisters at the hawker stall, I have been eating there about another 5 times, mostly for dinner. I usually take 10 items, 2-3 are veg items, and eat with rice. I find it very filling, which is GOOD cos I wont have the temptation to eat anything else at night. It can last me until the next day easily. Same for a subway foot-long. Anything else, is not enough, unless there is Rice. Noodles dont last, that is why, Tab had to watch me go through a 'dinner' before jap and then another 'dinner' after jap eg MOF bento.

Today's into the 3rd week of exercising 3 times a week. Today is to be my 2nd exercise session but it was raining the whole afternoon and by the time I was done my first driving practical, and reached clementi, it was already 6.50pm. The skies were still very cloudy with drizzle. Feeling cold and hungry, I decided to postpone to tomorrow. Will set alarm clock to wake up earlier to go for a morning swim instead, hope it wont rain so early tomorrow. Then the other exercise maybe go back to gym on Sat afternoon or Sun afternoon. I better clock in more of swimming before the period comes. Women very inconvenient one, want to do a routine is 21 days to establish one, but takes just less than 7 days to break it. No wonder so tough to maintain an exercise regime.
______________________________________________

Driving

Today I started my first practical lesson. Headed down, started with learning how to check clutch oil, engine oil etc. Then in the driver's seat to practice adjusting position, mirror. Then doing clutch, brake and accelerate forward and same for reversing in a straight line. After that is to drive around the circuit staying in the same lane, involving turning too. Wow... quite a bit in a session. The car did stall several times cos released clutch too soon, even surged forward a few times for the same reason. After 100mins session, quite tired.

I have another 7 more lessons booked up until first week of Dec. After that week, JLPT3 would be over. Given most if not all the slots for driving are taken up except evening and weekend slots, no hurry to book them. Then since very much freed up, think would start looking for a job then. Was asking Tab to ask FH if there is anything to do also. Also would call up tuition centres to enquire. But until then first.

Want to focus on Jap and current things first. I did go through 1 more set of notes. Have 12 sets to read up. I have gone through 3 so far. Tonight will revise again, and try to do one more. Also use this time to settle resume and tidy up room. I tidied up the table yesterday. Now have a clean surface to do work but still the laptop is too distracting :) Have lots of clothes and even even footwear to tidy up in the room.

Though I was quite disappointed and frustrated with myself the day before, and yesterday but I am taking steps to moving forward. Feeling back to normal, guess its just my bruised ego.

No comments: