Monday, November 30, 2009

The Endth is Nearth

Hmm think my olden English dont pass. Add 'th' to the word to make it ancient?

The JLPT 3 exam is next Sunday, though I have started passing the practice papers, its still cutting very close to the border line. At times just hit 60 or in the case of listening, just fail... Quite jialat. Then I have tried revising the last 3 sets of notes and sadly little of them are going in. Its like my brain is Teflon and things dont stick. Have to keep staring at them up until next Sat evening I guess.

On the guitar front, though I can improvise a bit, doesnt sound nice. Have to find/create nicer sounding improvisation and try to fit into the song so as not to crash. Again, though last Sat wasnt entirely frustrating, which is already an improvement, I still feel a bit reluctant to pick up the Guitar today. Think I will start to do so later or tomorrow. Dunno still dont feel ready to pick it up to start. That's been what's been happening. Instead of practicing immediately, I have been pushing it to slightly mid-week before I start. Guess its the frustration thingy and trying to get rid of the negativity and anxiety before I pick it up.

On the stock market, today I managed to get up at 8.45am, got up before my alarm clock rang. When the market started, prices plunged a bit, but still not cheap enough except for one. So I used my last bit of capital to buy-in. After this, cant buy anymore. Need to keep that little bit to buffer against any funny things like rights, split. Then I headed out for another morning swim. Though prices have gone up from the initial fall, some counters are a bit lower. I can only wait to sell now.

On the exercise front, this is Week 7 of going exercising 3 times a week. Last week, I actually made it 4 times, 2 swims, 2 gyms. Am impressed but still not much result to show for. Weight still about the same as before, body fat about the same. Except arms a bit muscular. I have been aiming specifically to build up the Triceps cos those are the muscles below the arm. If those are more defined, toned, then the whole arm wont look so flabby or soft or wobbly. Imagine having Macdonna's triceps. Hers are very very obvious. But guess what, those are quite hard to train, exactly cos of their position. Also cos they are not used as much, they start out being weaker too. And I can now do stepper/slider for 20mins workout. When I first started a few weeks back, only can last 5minutes. Now can do 20mins at lvl 3. K hope to keep all these up and look leaner, more toned and very importantly start losing weight.

On the diet part, I have just bought a box of museli bars and 3 pears to help prevent me from pigging out after Jap class. The plan is to put a bar and at least 1 pear in my bag so that after jap, if I felt like munching, can just munch those instead of a Whopper Jr with Salad and Coke Light or a MOF ebbiko bento, which Tab would always remind me. I dont really over-eat unless I am out... Hmm have to use this to help deal with that urge to munch.

But the funny thing is that there are sometimes 1-2 days where I dont have driving, jap or guitar, and I headed out to swim in the morning already. Came back, ate lunch and I have an urge to go out. Is it cos I am used to heading out for all those lessons and stuff, or its just a case of restlessness. YET at times like this, esp the early afternoon, nobody is around to go out with me. I am also rather aimless. Though at times I thought it'll be great to head out, go somewhere to look at the beautiful skies and the clouds whenever weather permits BUT it just doesnt feel right doing that alone. Some things arent meant to be done alone inspite of how much u yearn to do it. But cos there's nobody to go with, at times, I stayed at home instead.

Think part of it is proscrastination. I seem to want to head out to 'escape' tidying up my room and the clothes. Yar after the last session of tidying up the PS collection, I havent done another 'overdue' cleaning session. I better do it, then I can reward myself with heading out.

If dunno where to go, just hop on the bus and observe the surroundings along the journey. That sounds good cos if you are not in a hurry, can take your time, you will notice things that you never seemed to previously. The most obvious for me is the skies. I was often in too much of a rush/daze/zombified mode to notice the clouds in the skies until I didnt have to rush, then I remember to look at the skies. As this period of 'unemployment' is ending for me, I will start sending out resumes after JLPT, I hope to remember to slow down my steps and look at the skies and enjoy the breeze against my face, despite having to join back in the rat race. Guess that for me is one of the simpler pleasures in life.

No comments: