Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween Cosplay

What to blog about?

What is still fresh in the memory is the Halloween. Actually the most fun part was the 'make-up' part. It was a very very rainy day. The rain was pouring down torrentially. I went out earlier for Guitar lesson which has been changed to another day. I joined a class that is a bit ahead of me. Had to go for prep lesson that cost me $40 for half an hour. Ouch, and it seems that one session wasnt enough to cover everything.

After lesson, headed back home and then ironed all the clothes, including the rented jacket, ate, bathed and stoned. I had a lot of problems trying to load j-rock pics into my I-Touch cos I was using my sister's laptop and there was new version of I-Tunes to load and stuff. So that took me quite a long while waiting... and delayed my leaving time to 6pm. We were supposed to meet up at Junction 8.

Lagi best, shortly after I left, it started drizzling. Decided to take a cab instead. Then the waters poured down until almost 0 visibility. Its so heavy, can see a bit of vehicle outline and vehicle tail and headlights. Arrived there, but cos of the heavy rain, the taxi took quite a while to reach the sheltered taxi stand. I bought sushi as part of my 'diet' cum eating better food choice. Gobbled it down with Tab who was already there. Then due to heavy rain, Quetzal came a bit later. They decided to eat at Macs and I ordered 20 piece nuggets and Coke Lite *yes I know, I know, the diet thing right*

Nevermind, ate 14 pieces, very full. Then headed together to Zhuan's place. Though while waiting for Quetzal to drive her car over cos it was on the top level open car park, Tab and I were threatening to push each other down the stairs or over the ledge cos of the slippery surface. Then IF we died cos of the fall, we would attend the Halloween party in 'spirit' and not in 'body'. LoL but luckily we refrained from turning into 2 spirits and reached Zhuan's place safely.

Zhuan and her family were having dinner so we sat around a bit first and chatted. The rain was still pouring. Quetzal and Tab went to help Quetzal lace up the corset. They took quite a while, later Zhuan went in to help. I just sat there and stone. Seriously a late night on Friday and waking up early on Saturday for guitar meant I was very stoned despite drinking that powerful Yuan Yang from Cathay basement - ChipShop. The guitar class very fast and learn many things in one go.

Later they came out with Quetzal nicely laced up in the corset. Leave the story of Que's corset to her to give her point of view. Zhuan started make-up for Quetzal. Her costume is a Gothic Lolita look, with a corset top and a pom pom lacy short skirt. The emphasis is the very dark eye-makeup and emphasis on the eyes and dark red lips. Then the hair is styled with a high ponytail.

After that was Tab's turn. Tab's look was the Geisha. The emphasis seems to be the eyes, with shades of pink which really reminds me of the Sakura. And the lips, which the lipstick is applied not to the entire lips but about half of it to make the lips look smaller than what it is actually. And to complete, a nicely done up bun. Oh yar btw, it was Tab's first time doing make-up (make-up) virgin :)

Tab was starting to sprout her jap and even teaching Quetzal how to say certain phrases. Then it was my turn. My look was to be the Visual Kei look. The emphasis is the dark eye make-up and the hair styling. I must say its my 3rd time being make-up by others. First time was Krynnder who helped me do one for resume photo years back. Basic makeup. Then 2nd time by others was for the studio photo. Also did my own basic make up for interviews and stuff. BUT it was my first time doing eye make-up. While Zhuan was doing my make-up, Tab and Quetzal were making so many remarks even jokes that I couldnt keep still or hold my breath when needed, even Zhuan had a hard time not laughing. Had to ask them to "Sjizuka ni naro". Then after the make-up, then its the hair. I must say that is a styling I have not really explored. Its a different look. But really need super strong gel to hold the hair up. Then put on jacket, viola, very Visual Kei 视觉系 indeed. Added a pale pink lip gloss cos lips too pale. Then they were all taking pics excitedly. For me cos without the glasses, kinda blurry and stuff. Posed a bit here and there for their entertainment.

Zhuan and her bf helped to take some group pics and individual pics. Then we headed out to fetch FH who was still in office. It was already 11.35pm then. But it was a fun session. FH came onboard and started laughing... dunno why though. We reached Zouk past 12am and there were so many costumed pple hanging around outside. You got an entire spectrum of costumes. Tonnes of cigarette smoke also...

After some milling around and confusion, we squeezed our way into the member's area to join Quetzal's collegues at a table. We let her entertain her collegues while we looked down at the dance floor with all sorts of costumes milling around. The music is trance but after some time, the music warpped to become noise to me, only left the beat. Tab was egging me to 'move' and 'dance' to work off the 14 nuggets but seriously I dont dance, dont know how and just moving left and right, up and down is NOT dance to me.

After an hour (I guess) FH asked if we were okay to go outside, which we agreed. It was another big squeeze through the thick bodies of pple. I kept my sleeves towards me cos there were 2 delicate chains on the cuffs which could be easily broken given the way pple were squeezing and pushing around to move about (Quetzal called me today, it seems the one of the chains DID break or whatever and it meant I had to buy that jacket. The cost will have to check with her again, oh well. Next time, either buy straight or get one without such delicate chains around cos seriously dont think can survive this type of crowd and pushing. The 2 bat cushion on the cuffs with the tiny bat hanging on the small chain can be zipped off, so I can still use it as a funky jacket.) I didnt manage to check both th chains after I got out. Was a bit stoned and we stood aroud looking at the other costumes while waiting. Saw a few He-male I guess, Tab was tramatized by the man-boobs the size of papaya on a guy who was wearing very short shorts with fishnet stockings. I only saw the back. Another was a guy who dressed in girl school pinnafold and he was putting his skirt over his male friend's head, who was seated on the ground. My eyes also hurt.

A car stopped next to us and one guy said to Tab "You look very hot!" (quick time to distort the truth to Df) Then he pointed at FH (whose costume was supposed to be 'dreassed as a man') and said "You are Hot too!" (distort truth time) and then he ended off "You are all fucking hot!"... Hot in the sweating part, spot-on.

We waited for Quetzal and headed over to use the toilet at the 24hr prata shop next door. Drank an iced milo and a coke zero. No food for me, wasnt hungry. Then FH drove Quet's car to the office, changed to his car and drove us home. Very gentlemanly of him.

I tried washing off the make-up with oil-based moisturizer and face-wash but couldnt get some off. Then my sister woke up for toilet and I asked her if she got make-up remover. She passed me a bottle of Johnson's baby oil which can be used for hair, face, elbow, knee and even remove make-up. Poured some on a piece of paper and wiped, very effective! I was wiping off the make-up very very easily. Then washed hair with warm water and had a good bath. Was waiting for hair to dry naturally and headed online. Slept 6am.

Definitely an enjoyable and memorable experience. Done my dressing up for halloween and cosplay targets.
_____________________________________________

Woke up 11.30am the next day, to dig out and iron clothes for wedding for that evening. Had agreed to meet Tab for her wedding convention at Pan Pac. Didnt know my sister wanted to treat the family to birthday treat and they had postponed for me cos I was out on Sat. Ops, had to asked them to go without me. Sun was to be another day fully out.

Must say the wedding gowns being showcased, most are interesting and even beautiful. Photography not allowed so Tab was using her I-Touch to quickly doodle down the designs that appealled to her. Had my first taste of Champange, 2 glasses. Was joking with Tab that I would get drunk before the wedding in the evening. Also I was trying very hard to psycho Tab to get "fried rice with fried silver fish", ate the most delicious silverfish at another ex-collegue's wedding some years back. But she like the BORING and TYPICAL and STEREOTYPICAL and OLD-FASHION and COMMON and PLAIN ee-mee *pui pui* I must try to visit that restaurant again to eat Fried silverfish (not those in ur books but small fish)

DF came shortly after the show ended and we stood around for him to catch a glimpse of the models standing around still in wedding outfits. BUT I feel very 'bright'. We headed to Starbucks where I tried not to evesdrop and butt in when both of them were discussing their stuff. Was reading my Jap notes despite being even more stoned. Around 6.30pm, I headed off, walking more demurely cos I was in ladies slippers for the wedding.

Saw many collegues and had a good time laughing and talking over the dinner. But cos 8 in the table and all gals, ate until very very full. Also it started late, near 8.45pm and dishes were being hurried out. But it was a good time to catch up though many asked what I was doing, told them being an unemployment statistic and stuff.

One was nice to get her hubby to send me back home. Saved some cab money and time. Changed out, online a bit and then slept earlier. Totally knocked out until 10am.

No comments: