Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Paintball = Pain, Fun Employed and Work

Last Sunday was my very first try at Paintball. Didnt know there was one in Turf City until IR invited us over for a Guys Vs Gals match up prior to her wedding. I must admit, that is one of the most unusual and fun pre-wedding thingy, heck even considering friends meeting-up, I ever had in a while. Ya prefer such activity instead of alot of shopping, walking around, eating and stuff. Would rather have some sports or other activities at times.

Surprisingly the weather held out, the sun shining brightly down for that one day out of the entire week. I woke up around 10-11am and then went online and ate some lunch. Was feeling tired, guess its the night owling ways. Then slowly made my way out around 3pm. But I was afraid to be late, so I took a cab from Avenue 2 instead of the free shuttle bus to Turf City. I was early and headed to the Giant inside to buy water for the hot day. Then I tried to find the location. My sms read "turn right before Turf City"... that was all. Walked outwards but didnt see anything or any signs until I was near the dog school. Jialat, dont see any directions. Later called and called and walked back to Turf City, stopped near a security guard post and asked for directions. Finally walked in, quite a bit under the sun to get to the place.

After we all were assembled, had a briefing and then geared up. Inbetween being photographed by paparazzi friends... and still a bit stoned. Then when the battle started, dashed to hide behind the obstacles and fire. Guess I wasnt that happy with my own performance. I did shoot down 2 of the targets in 3 games but didnt managed to reach the box before the Guys won. Also sometimes I tried to go forward but the hiding places were so muddy that at times just heck and squat in mud!!! But when kena hit, pain man. The irritating part was to have to go tag the medic post. Had to do that several times. Also the guys hid themselves very well, not that many targets to hit...

Best part got shot in the butt by own team mate. I was aiming infront then felt a hit on my backside. OUCH... decided not to go tag medic and rubbed it a bit then tried to go forward. That was the spot that hurt the most though bearable. Hmm by the 3rd game, dont care anymore, just chiong more forward but the guys won pretty fast. Guess their NS experience helps alot. Its an eye-opener for me. Fun too. Except after just 3 games, legs felt heavy and very hot inside that headgear. THink that headgear really restricts breathing, no wonder legs felt heavy than usual. Also all the hiding and squatting made my legs kinda heavy too.

The game ended with Guys winning 3 rounds. Didnt know whether I had managed to shoot anyone but I was kena shot. 4 direct hits and 4 grazes. The direct hit meant the spot aches and is swollen. By evening when I finished bathing, those direct hits were the size of 2 50cents coins in diameter. Different colours depending on how well massaged, ranging from red to purple. Those grazes were just 20 cent size small purple bruises.

Didnt know pain was to come the next day when I woke up. I had intended to go swimming the next day for all that unhealthy hawker food I ate on that Sat and Sun. Woke up and felt my thighs aching like crazy. Its that type of muscle ache that happens after you have done Stepper for 1hr, hike a tall hill. Basically my Quads ache quite a bit. Didnt go swimming. Headed out with Geoky to buy some stuff next door and then we imprompto decided to go to NUS to take a look. Mainly it was still somewhat school term so the canteen were open. We wanted to walk around a bit and maybe drink fruit juice. So we did climbed up the Bizad stairs all the way up, walk past the bizad canteen, old law faculty, went to drink fruit juice at Arts canteen, walked until forum, walked to YIH and lastly walked a bit around Swimming complex. Man, there are MORE INTERESTING CCAs to join, Caporena(brazalian dance martial art), Muay thai and stuff. Things you had to travel bloody far from Clementi to learn lor... Basket, I wish I was a freshman again.

Later we headed back via shuttlebus to Kent Ridge then took a bus. After all that walking, I lay on bed and was knocked out for a few hours. Didnt do much for jap, except finish that practice paper. Didnt do guitar too.

Today, I woke up with EVEN more muscleache on my Quads! I had slapped on alot of muscle cream already but lagi worse today. Finally after talking with Tab, I realized they hurt more than yesterday cos I had gone jalaning at NUS up and down. Headed out for driving and then Jap. Sinned by eating Cedele's Carrot Walnut cake after class. Tomorrow IF my aches are better, I better go swim.
_______________________________________

Tab told me that she learnt a new term for people like me and Candle. Basically we are unemployed yet we are spending money to so-call enjoy ourselves. I must admit, I had quite a bit of fun this past 2 months esp Oct and Nov. The months before that are not enjoyable in any aspect. The term is "Fun Employed". Hmm that sounds slightly better than "Unemployment Statistic" or "Bum". I wish it can last longer but I am feeling the nagging feeling that I 'should be doing something with my life' and move on. So far my parents hadnt said anything. Its only my sister Geoky, who often reminds me that I am 'voluntarily umemployed'.

Hmm... I guess I feel my 'idling' days are numbering, NOT cos I have run out of reserve living expenses BUT mainly I feel that I should do something. Though I am not sure entirely where exactly to head to. Would try to sent out to tuition centres. Am thinking for either Part-time or Full-time employment. If worst comes, either work for FH for some data-entry stint or go for MOE re-join as Adjunct or Relief. See how, though I had given myself a time frame to settle, that is after Jap Exam, I have yet to do up resume nor send out nor call. I have to get to those but for now I wish to focus a bit more. I did write down 4 agendas on my list of things to do.

Practice Jap,
Practice Guitar,
Tidy Room,
Get ready resume

Would get to them, I need to adjust and set up some sort of timetable. My current timetable have things like 3 exercise, 2 driving, 2 jap class, 1 guitar class that takes up about 5 days. Would use the 'off' days to clear room, and settle resume and rest. Hopefully.

No comments: