Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday post

Yar I seemed to have a whole string of birthday posts in this blog since I started it a long time back. Its a diary of sort and I intend to capture my thoughts and memories over time.

Today I have NO idea why the hell did I get up at the ungodly hour of 7.30am even though I slept around 2-3am last nite. I was watching some naruto still and then either I switched off and slept or I watched until I slept and mom or sis helped me switch off the tv. Think it might have something to do with my clockwork bowels in the earlier part of morning.

So its my birthday again. Yar again. Time 'seemed' to go past quickly even though passing through a day at a time can be either slow-going or even uneventful. Yet time still passes by each and every second, never to return. Am reminded of my list of things to do before I die. I have to organise a 100 things list and then start ticking them off when I do it. So that even in this period of unemployment and relatively lack of focus in life, there is a direction that I am moving towards.

Later before 9am, I will head to the gym, return near 11am and then maybe go out with family. Give them a treat, maybe something not so expensive. Last time whenever I get my bonus, I would give a treat at a restaurant that my parents and sisters never been to, at times expensive, just to let them have the chance to eat at a new place and expand food choices. FYI, my dad loved that korean bbq chicken place for their hamburgs.

So this year, I had told my sisters NOT to get anything for me. Guess I just dont have that many things that I WANT. So earlier on Yingel gave me this $100 voucher to CMPB in Dempsey that she won in her annual dinner. She doesnt have friends who drive and hadnt gone there before. So I woke up earlier in January to see it on my table with a note that Dempsey is inaccessible via public transport and has many Ang Mohs. But I dont really bio Ang Mohs, I prefer Asian. They are the ones who like to bio Ang Mohs. Duh. Geoky got me a PSP soft cover with Cloud and Sephiroth. When I asked her if it was cheap, she assured me that it was cheap. Then I accepted. Still havent put it on my PSP yet.

Then for the celebration with friends, I was working at FH's office that day. Couldnt find my keys, entire bunch with rings, home keys and FH's office keys etc. Cant find for several days liao... Hope I didnt drop it somewhere... Last time I saw it was for Jap class. Either drop at jap class or outside along Orchard area. Then really no hope. So it meant I had to knock off at 6pm instead of my usual 6.30-6.40pm, cos I reach about 10.30am. I wake up earlier but headed out to eat a very heavy brunch and pack some bread. Reversing my breakfast and lunch to heavy breakfast, lighter lunch. So I dont go out for lunch breaks cos not hungry. Clock in about 8hrs each time this way.

I got my first pay from FH. He is generous. We agreed on about $10 an hour, flexible days and timing. When he was doing the pay, he saw that I did ALOT of stuff, a whole year's of receipts, did clean up for his scans for floor plan, legal doc, did excel for recon, help him check the recon and made a user manual for the data entry system. That is quite a lot for about 50hrs of work only. So he gave me a higher pay than the $500 that I would be getting. Its not grand but its better than nothing. I am grateful. He actually gave me the rest of the afternoon off after I finished the final piece of work around 2.30pm. There wasnt anything else to do and he would be out. But Candle and Tab already coming in around 5pm so might as well do some tuition-related work.

I tried to do up template worksheets that I can use for. Cos an offer came in but it wasnt that much when worked out the hours and rate, plus have to do own resource. Asking friends and family later on about whether to take up or push. Seems the verdict is to push. I will reply to the email today or so. So later on, Candle and Tab came and while Candle was chit-chatting with her ex-collegues, Tab and I were solving the maths problem sum that stumped me still.

Well I have to give it to Tab for solving the problem sum eventually using models. But that meant she was in her world of her own up to the time we sat in Fish and CO. I was thinking of where to eat at FH's area cos can reduce time and can go straight after work. Finalize 2 places, Fish and Co or Swenson. Since knock off at 6pm, can go straight in and just sit. No need to do reservations. I did call CMPB and reserve table for drinks.

I must admit, its been quite a while since I ate at Fish and Co. Missed the rice and drinks. But my mind and mouth not coordinated again, I ordered Sambal grilled fish instead of Whole Sambal line fish... But it tasted alright still though the sambal very hot. Had a fishy maria. Thanks to friends for the dinner treat. Really ate until very full. Of course inbetween dinner, alot of chatting and stuff.

We headed to CMPB which fyi stands for Contemporary Melting Pot & Bar and arrived. We sat outside instead of inside cos considering our laughter, later disturb the performers. Wow could see the stars in the skies. Ordered our drinks, with quite a few mojitos and margaritas. Did our usual of crap and discussion about topics relevent to this period of time. FH came and ate his $10 roti john with wagyu beef. We got free mistrone soup on the house later on. Bill came up to $106 but with $100 voucher, its only $1 per person. Cheap and good.

The next day though, I didnt feel like getting out of bed until 11am plus. I was lazing around in bed. Then later accompanied dad to eat Guo Tie at Queenstown and he washed his car. Reached home near 3.45pm and just watched cable tv.
_______________________________________________

Same thing every year.

1) I still wish for health for myself cos its very important. To have the energy and stamina to move onwards. Well-being is important for both body and mind. Yep lemme continue to lose weight... which incidentally, I had gained over and above my fat self again. Argh

2) I hope to continue to change myself consciously to become more extroverted, smile more, be more comfortable and happier being in my own skin.

3) Dunno if this can ever be fulfilled. Find a guy? A soul mate. Guess I am feeling the effects of getting older.

No comments: