Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Grocery shopping can be fun

One can never realize that grocery shopping with parents can be fun sometimes. It's something I hadn't really done much cos the 4 months, I was out almost daily on the week days and IMM is crowded on the weekends and we avoid like plague. Then the last month sparked all the job interviews plus my normal classes and driving and exercise so also not home free on most weekdays.

Today I am free... Have guitar in the evening cos last sat got postponed. Then was thinking of going for flexible work nut FH is not around in the morning, so if nothing pops up, will go in on Friday. So I was at home, woke up earlier at 8.30 to adjust body clock. Started looking at the share market at 9. Today quite some fall but of course not as bad as the previous fall in end 2008. I am still mainly invested but I sold a bit, so am looking for some trades for cash and some thing longer or trades for cpf. At one point there was a rather intense fall. To cut long story short, I made 2 trades, one cash, one cpf. hope market don't crash on me.

Then went grocery shopping with both parents at Giant IMM. One would think it boring but I quite enjoy walking around a rather empty Giant. Don't feel any urge to buy the clothes or electronic stuff but once we reached the food section, man I had to really controly myself. Imagine pushing trolley to the veg section, one would dismiss it saying that there is nothing I would be interested in. Wrong!

I was suddenly looking at the sweet potatoes, sweet corn and watermelon. Thinking how it's been a while since I ate those. Then walk to frozen section lagi worse. I saw the fillets, wedges, wanton, pop corn chicken, prata, tempuras and all are tempting though they are frozen cos the amount of cooking is minimal. But I made it out empty handed. I was being reminded constantly of the steamboat at krynnder's home on New Year eve. That was a good hot pot I hadn't had in quite a while.

We walked to the canned section and I sucumb to 2 cans of lychee, 1 can of mango. Saw many flavours of instant noodles and I bought curry magee for myself. Then picked up a bottle of sweet pickled vegetables and a yellow kaya. Those for common consumption. Man when I passed the meat section, I was restraining against buying the packs of Taiwan sausage or the hotdogs and stuff. At the Chinese new year goodies area, I bought 2 packs of sweet mainly for temple going. But then I saw and am reminded of some food that I really like and alot is available during cny period. Things like chilli tapioca, egg cakes, rice biscuit and more.

Man, so much desire for food but so little desire for electronics or clothes is not good for my efforts to have calorie deficit to lose weight. I been restraining and started monitoring my food and drinks intake starting yesterday. More effort put into the calorie intake control part. Will power mist persist. Same for will power to exercise.

On the job front, I pushed away that one assigment. Haven't sent out resumes since last week. Will try to work on doing. I wanna be selective and also not want to waste my time and effort going for wasted interviews. Also been thinking and sometimes worry won't be employed and earn minimum wages... There are still many years left in this life, cannot imagine earning minimum wages for the rest of the life. Unfounded fears but it's something I think about at the back of my head. Also a deadline to go into home based tuition. Cos if I keep waiting around for perm offer but nothing is happening, I should start home based ones otherwise just doing nothing much. Though I still have jap, guitar and driving, jap is not that intensive cos I don't need to revise daily. Guitar also interest is waning. Driving, so far into 17th practical lesson. Whole of feb is booked. Sian. So I am left with looking at shares, pia anime like otaku which I can do at night, going exercise which I try to do twice a week. Not really much action. Of course I have started doing up some own resources but not so easy and takes time to reach somewhere.

The problem is that somehow I feel I am heading nowhere. Sign... I better print out my list of 100 things to do, start doing them, maybe even do my cooking experiments and forays. How to balance all these with the jobsearch. Guess after all the low, lousy offers and no answers, I am aflicted with some worries and anxieties. The dust of daily life has covered thyself that even the beautiful clouds in the sunny skies. cannot uplift.

No comments: