Monday, January 18, 2010

CitySquare shopping

Yesterday I asked my dad straight out, if he might be going into JB aka either Pelangi or City Square. He didnt mind. I wanted to go in to check out the price for some A3 laminating sheets, A3 sized paper. Was still thinking about making my own resource part. I did cut out another week's worth of articles but alot of them are rather big. He didnt mind. Shun bian buy his newspapers, do banking. Later I told my sister, Geoky and she took leave for one day.

Heeding mom's warning about some rumors of targeting Singaporeans, hence we purposely dress down to fit in to the rest. Basically no handbags, no sunglasses on the head, no 3/4 or berms or khakis and sandles which are some give-away signs. In the end, we looked so sloopy and poor that others wont bother to give a second glance.

So all 3 of us headed into JB today around 10.45am. It was rather smooth, reaching around 11 plus. We headed to the bank, where I withdrew some RM, cos I didnt want to change SGD, and put some into the other bank account to prevent locking up. Then we headed to eat lunch first. Ate at Secret Recipe. Didnt dabao any cakes from them, kinda sian of eating those rich-tasting cakes. BUT I did buy Portuguse egg tart, but only 5, 1 each, no extra cos dont want to overdose.

Then we walked to the Inner City which is the youth belt part of City Square. Bought anime and movies. I bought Skip Beat set, Naruto 1 to 200 in 2 sets, Jishoku ShyoJo 3, cloudy without meatballs and fantastic mr fox. All animes. I did buy the Alo Alo 1 for my mom. My sister bought all 写实 movie titles which I am not keen at all to watch. She bought Mind your language for my mom. So my mom has enough to keep her busy and happily watching. My mom also watches the anime series I buy, so Naruto can keep her very occupied too.

The laminating sheets turned out to be a bit pricey and no A3 print paper. Instead of having to buy an A3 laminator and A3 laminating sheets, chose a cheaper alternative, A3 sized drawing block x 2 which were rather cheap and a glue stick. I bought an identical Green Water Bottle to replace the one I broke after 1.5 yrs of daily use. Yay!

Then Geoky bought 2 T-shirts for herself. Kinda funny print. At first want to buy for bro, but she didnt check the back wordings, got the female version instead. So is 注定to be hers.

We also had a late tea at a HK style cafe in the Inner City. The food was affordable and my order, a cold milk tea and the french toast with ham, were delicious. The milk tea is milk and sweet enough, big glass too. The french toast is warm and very tasty. It had both mayo and thousand island inside with the ham, very delicious combination. My dad ordered some steamed wanton that came with a thick dark sauce with garlic, bit of chilli oil, quite tasty. Next time should try to eat more at other places instead of Secret Recipe.

Saw some malaysian guys with J-Rock hair, Korean hair and even longer hair. A few okay looking ones though they would be younger than me... So just look, and joke with Geoky. Anyway seems to be able to see more interesting and funky hair styles than in Singapore. They seem to dare to wear those styles. Makes for interesting looks.

I spent about RM$150 for discs, and the bit of stationary altogether. Quite a lot of restraint already. Quite value for money in a sense, esp for the Naruto. Each set has 5 disc, each disc 20 episodes, so Pt 1 and 2 already covered 200 episodes. They had a part 3 which would cover episode 201 - 300 but it was sold out. Would go and get it the next time around. Each disc is RM$6. Quite a bargain esp since the Naruto anime is really fantastic esp when it reaches the Shippuden series. No new south park series though.

No comments: