Sunday, July 03, 2011

Super OT on Friday

For the examinations on Thur n Fri, I end up having to invigilate 1-2 lone sick students in a separate room. The burden is shared between another Aussie collegue, so we each took 2 periods. Kinda boring coz the room is small, and I don't want to scare them by staring at them while they do their paper. So for the first day, I just zoned out entirely while seated there. Looking occasionally that there's no cheating, then resume stoning.

Friday, I decided to read a storybook for the first period. Later the 4th period's I was marking the exam scripts for eng. I had to mark in two colours so that slowed down the speed. Plus correct is circle. And cos I don't have to set the exam papers, I help to mark all the scripts, all the eng parts which is 95% of the paper.

I had thought I could finish marking by 5pm since I started at the 3rd period. In-between for an hour, I did head out for a normal lunch 1hr at MOF cafe in west coast plaza. So before that I almost finished a class. Left at near 2, came back around 3... By 6, I have finished 2 classes.

As I don't want to come back on weekends to do it, plus not so nice to leave for the other 2 Jap collegues to do the remAinder, I decided to piah it out. Around 8, 3rd class was finished. And by 9.50pm, finished the last class. Why did it take so long? Cos of the way the answers are crammed into the paper, diff marking style and the fact that I am markin more than 90% of it of every script. Another helped to mark 3 translation questions and he finished and I asked him to tally the marks. So I left work with 2 other collegues still around. Dunno if one had stayed on cos I was marking. The other went home, to continue the tallying of marks on sun. I am so not going back just to tally students marks, check their files. Will do that on Monday.

So I reached my area's coffeeshop n ate a late dinner of "mee tai ba" in ketchup. Reached home, I was munching this whole pack of snacks and drinking A can of Tiger Classic. Slept soundly after that. Was kinda glad guitar was cancelled.

No comments: