Wednesday, November 16, 2011

On Medical leave - my second one this whole year

As the academical year is from April to next year's March. Term 3 is from Jan to March. My last mc is in Term 1 (April to July). So this being my second mc in Term 2 (Sept to end-Dec) it meant having just 2 a year. This is already a huge reduction compared to previously as a MOE educator. I remembered having mc as often as once a month on average but less than 12 cos of the holiday months. Guess up to 10. It's a five-fold decrease. But that doesnt mean I don't fall sick. In fact I still do, just much lesser than before. And when I do, I see the doc but don't take mc. Just try to rest it off before heading still to work. The less severe ones, I have recovered by then.

But the more severe ones like this diarrhea, I held on until it's the last lesson where my plan was to give them the time to do self-study anyway and just throw in the white towel. I had diarrhea yesterday too but lesser. So when I went to dabao lunch, I bought charcoal pills and ate 1. It was effective, no diarrhea but I was a bit light-headed giddy by the end of the day. I knew that the next day, I should go doc n get mc cos though that charcoal plugged my bowels temporarily, it didn't mean I was cured. Plus I hung on so that I ready finished all that is to finish.

True enough though I was alright in the early morning as I called the workplace to inform them of being sick n on medical leave. By ten, I had diarrhea twice. Stomach felt bloated n uncomfortable. Saw docs, got medicine, ate lunch and slept. Woke up by stomachache and diarrhea again. Kinda glad I didn't make myself head to work. Tomorrow n Friday are the exams. I still am responsible for marking the bulk of the questions so I got to OT on Friday. Still got a huge pile of files and books to check frantically then. Didn't want to strain myself further. Better rest today to continue to continue the fight tomorrow.

No comments: