Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sick n sickly still

Mu workplace one can start seeing the seams unfurling as the long marathon term drags on. I hear more colleagues coughing around. A few were quite sick but they still came to work. One wore a mask. Soon I felt unwell, sitting in the air-con staffroom... And I succumbed after a few days of feeling down. By Last Thursday, I felt sick enough to ask to skip cca after work n head to the docs. I was given 6 days of medication including antibiotics. I dabaoed dinner, ate and concussed until the next day.

I was 'well-enough' to head to work where a Dr Jekyll and Hyde situation ensues. I was alright until after lunch where things just headed downhill. I managed to dong Friday. Went home, ate meds, slept. This basically repeated itself over the long weekend.

Except Sat where I headed out for guitar. Even then I felt like crap as the hours went by. I had a good lunch of wanton mee n Logan ice dessert. While trying to kill time, I headed to Isetan n bought sushi to munch. Then stoned at Shaw. Luckily the top of Shaw had seating n I had bought a storybook along. Felt tired n miserable cos of the recurring sickness. By dinnertime, was better. Didn't stay out late. Managed to reach home by 11.30pm. Slept.

Sunday n Monday are all spent at home. I still went next door to dabao meals for family n myself cos mom went back to her hometown. Don't know when she'll be back. I wasn't well enough to head out. Decided to rest. All my plans came to a standstill - gym, heading out, job search. I am not at capacity to handle all these if interviews come about. In fact, my attitude is 'I don't fucking care about anything...'

Worse still when work resumed on Tue. I am having the same struggle of being well n unwell. Usually by after lunch, I was unwell. Hung in there cos just b4 exams. Still got things to finish. Finally today, my lightest day, I asked to leave earlier just b4 dismissal to see the doc. The past few days, I wasn't able to get a number on my way home from work. If I just did a walk-in, would have long queue. By then, I was already resting in bed.

Got more meds but no antibiotics? So now in my room, trying to sleep since 6pm. End up wary ing anime and blogging. Feel better now. Tomorrow there's a change in schedule, so its my heaviest day... WTF... I shall just do as much as I can, then by noon, if unwell, going home. This has affected my teaching cos I am not at a 100%, not alert, not inspired, attitude at the back of my mind is 'why am I doing this?'... Yar not very productive though I still cleared quite a bit of work. Lesson wise, I shall just aim for a mediocre lesson, it's 3-in-a-row...

No comments: