Saturday, December 17, 2011

逃学威龙 / Apple cider / Stopping guitar for now / new G-shock watch

Running out:

I did something that I haven't dine in a long time. I literally ran out from my workplace 1.5hrs earlier than my usual end time. I did this a few times in the past when the other ex-local collegue was around. I just hope in her car and we go for a late long lunch. I didn't go back after. But since she's left, I have been very 乖, I go out dabao lunch, walk straight back, later eat at the lunch time and usually finish in 25mins. Rest just stone or do work. Then recently for a few days, I stayed back OT to edit video, and for 2 days, I went at least 45mns earlier than my usual to film for student's project... So I don't feel guilty.

But what was funny was since I don't have a car, I can't hope on. Then there are parents and students around until 3pm so though I was free from 1.35pm onwards, I used some time to tidy my work and stuff. Before 3, I was rather restless. I went to the backgate and lo and behold, it wasn't padlocked. I got my bag, kept in the outside locker. Then when the coast is clear, I took my bag, walked to the back gate, opened and closed the back gate and ran out until I was some distance away. Saw students near the bus stop so I detour via the back of the shops and walked instead to the interchange, to avoid taking bus. I felt a sense of excitement (of
course didn't want to be caught) but this long term is driving me to do these things.

Met up with Quetzal at Liang court. I arrived early and walked around, later stoned. We ate dinner and later stoned at a dessert shop to pass time until her friend's performance at the Beer market. I was contemplating a mocktail like pussyfoot but later ordered just a bottle of cider 4.5%. The band was good but my right ear was kinda numb cos we sat right smack up to the stage with all the amps and speakers. I didnt want to stay out late, so after the first set, I went back via cab. Interestingly, the cab ride was $12, slightly less than my cider and I was home b4 midnight. That apple cider is my first alcohol in weeks.

Woke up freaking early like 7am, and couldn't go back to sleep so got up. I had decided to call my music sch to quit. Last lesson was kinda the last straw. I thought abt Quet's words, plus a new set of 4 lessons is starting today. Instead of paying $120 and have to sit through 4 more such lessons, the alternative is to forfeit my deposit of $50 which I gladly. So i called thru and ask abt whether the new set has started. Apparently, it's today. So I just say I want to quit. Cos no 1 mth notice, so forfeit that $50 deposit. Which to me is ok, cos I havent seen that $50 since I first joined up. Instead of throwing a fresh $120 to get back $50. So just like that, I didn't have to leave home to travel all the way down. I want to enjoy some free Sats before I start anything. I find I need to have some personal time just doing nothing for a few days given how hard I had to work - job, assignment, plus guitar lesson and gym. Kinda miss the days of pure freedom. Just another 4 more workdays.

So just liddat, I was free to go to the bank, with my sis. We went to Clementi Mall and she was looking for a present. I walked around with her. We ended up in a watch shop where I decided to look around for a new watch for myself. I still wanted a dual watch face. Looked at the G-shock and Baby G. The former being a bit big for my wrist, the latter being smaller than my current watch. In the end, I bought a new G-shock (guy) watch. My first branded watch of more than $150. If it's durable, I can expect to use it for years to come.

In the end, my sis bought a surgical steel pendant with chain. There were some really nice butterfly designs that ranges from $85-$108 I collusive of chain. She bought a transformable piece plus engraving. Pricy. About 4.45pm, I headed home while she headed off. Reached home and stoned.

Tomorrow die die must go gym, been over-eating severely for consecutive days :(

No comments: