Friday, January 20, 2012

Disciplined Spartan but boring life / Spicy popiah with a fiery aftermath

Bleah leading a rather boring life... it's disciplined in some aspects, yet not in others.

The disciplined part include sleeping around 12 or even earlier, waking at 7.15am. Getting ready fast, plus packing a breakfast to work to munch. Last week it was mainly 2 slices of bread with marmalade jam and margarine. But it wasnt filling and by 10am, I was famished and the stomach was physically growling.

Last week, I bought a week's supply of Dragon fruit since I saw the offer in NTUC after a gym session. I picked the ripe ones, cut it up the night before in my lunchbox container. Then chuck into the fridge and bring it to workplace in the morning. By the time I reached the workplace, its not as chilled. So easier on my weak stomach constituition. So added a small bunch of grapes cos my mom bought a box of it. Its filling and easy ot eat provided I dont reach on-the-dot. It definitely lasted me way through 10am. Yesterday I was still full from eating that when I walked out to have an early lunch, I couldnt stomach the usual portion. Sometimes I put in 3 CNY honey comb tibits to munch as a snack. And so far, stuck to tea and Coke Zero. Am trying to reduce the reliance on Coke Zero. Maximum is 1 a day. Trying to control during the weekends.

Besides that, went to the gym twice. Though I really had to dragged my lazy ass yesterday. Was so mentally tired by the time I reached home. I guess its from the longer hours plus I was making up worksheets and planning activities to match their textbook. Its all from scratch, unless I can find a good ws online. But since their syllabus is mostly too easy by native standard, I have to look for, modify and make a lot.

Also have been monitoring the food intake and calories dilligently. Even having to munch on Subway wraps for 4 days in-a-row to either balance out the calories or force out a calorie deficit. I think a wrap is still nicer than the salad form. The salad is too much and my jaws get tired of chewing. But the wrap, I can still eat with the dishes my mom cooked so there's not much food wastage or waste of her effort.

Kinda bored mentally. I didnt go out much except to the gym, supermarket or Subway... kinda of a boring exisitence. Well the CNY weekend is upon us, I have a bdae dinner, a Malay wedding lunch and CNY reunion dinner this weekend. That was how I finally managed to force myself out from home to go to the gym for the 2nd time. Last week, I got this ache in the left part of the chest. So I stopped and broke the routine (cos more than 7 days) and finally started this week. But it takes 21 days to build a routine again. Sigh.

Suffered from diarrhea as I dabaoed and ate the super-power spicy version of the Heavenly popiah from Clementi. I saw there was just a guy infront and decided to buy back. I ate 2 spicy ones and 1 plain one. Very full and cleared the nose. Man it was super hot. Tongue was burnt, drinking lots of water. Maybe next time I shall just stick to 1 spicy popiah.

But I paid for it this morning. When an intensely painful tummyache woke me up at 5am to go sit on the toilet bowl. My ass was on fire after. Such intense pain. I was wondering what exactly I ate, then I remembered the super-hot. Went back to bed once I cleared my intestines, only to wake up again with a tummyache around 6am for round 2. Went to bed again and woke up for work. Mostly fine except for a slight round 3. I think I have "detoxed" and cleared my stomach completely... Hope there isnt more to come later.

No comments: