Monday, January 30, 2012

The usual complaints, more coupons, stock

Hmm... feeling the usual; tired and sleepy. Really the usual cos its mainly from sleeping late. Partly lack of caffine. Work etc etc. Toto Ang Bao draw, am going to buy it tomorrow on behalf of friends. Huat huat... Some fortune that can fall out of the blue sky, into my lap, then dont have to work so hard.

Worth mentioning is that from this Wed til Fri, cos I am not involved in the work level trip to Thailand, hence I am left in sg with no lessons except for cca on thur and the bus duties. A welcome change but given that I can only sit in the staffroom all day, will drive me crazy. I am thinking of sneaking out and only going back before dismissal. Since there's only so much work I can do. Which I will do some and disappear some also. But actually its more tiring to have to sneak about. Why cant I have own room? Like can sleep, can hide away from people. Most of the non-jap colleagues have their own subject room. Hmm I can go hide in one of those unoccupied classrooms.

Bought a few more coupons for burgers at 2 different restaurants and also a premium sushi platter that includes Sea Urchin etc. Cos those 2 burger chains, I've seen before but havent eaten before. And eating Sea Urchin is on my list of 100 things to do, plus I havent eaten a premium platter before. Though there's some raw fish involved. As long as its fresh, I am fine. What I dont like is raw fish that is not fresh cos I can taste and smell it.

I was thinking of going to redeem 1-2 of these coupons during the 3 freer days. My expenses this month is higher than the usual because of these coupons. Going to redeem some first before I get more. Dont want it out of control. I have already printed out all the ones I have, in a plastic folder in my workbag, so anytime I need to redeem, can. Though mostly need reservation. Got one I can do take-away. Think I will head and redeem, bring home and then slowly make my way back to work before dismissal. Something like that. That's more interesting than just sitting there infront of the lousy slow laptop  (my I-phone is way faster and more reliable) all day from start until dismissal

The SG stock market started today a bit down, again Euro news. I was actually aiming for higher gains before selling off 2 lots from my sg portfolio. But in the early morning, the price fell a bit and stayed there, I cancelled the order to lower the selling price. The transaction went through and I netted several hundred dollars. Though its not my target gains, but decent 15% returns nett. The actual sum is not a lot but I remind myself that I am getting back my capital (can put back to my drawn-down reserve) plus nett gains. The gains so far from my stocks is equivalent to 5 months of tuition income (for once a week, 2 hrs) I use these numbers to put the amount in perspective. I am not earning as much as when I first dived into stocks, during the height of the American stock crisis, but decent enough, without having to work extra hours. Though I am kinda sian that I sold off my Msian counter too early that I miss out on an extra $800 SGD equivalent of gains.. Grrrr I also remind myself that I shouldnt regret my decisions, otherwise I keep second-guessing myself each time I decide something. Just accept and wait for opportunities with the capital money freed up in my pocket.

Dunno when will this Capricon effect aka January effect end but I'll be waiting with mixed feelings. On one hand, I want those in my portfolio to rise more (most are not even at break-even yet) so that I can sell off, nett some gains and get back capital. On the other hand, I want certain counters eg that Msian counter to fall, so that I can buy back at lowered prices really soon. Very mixed feelings. It will be completely different if I am holding onto all cash or when I am fully invested. Now is Sg is still mostly invested, Msia is mostly out of the market.

Keep reminding myself to be patient, to be brave to buy, also to be braver to sell n not regret, I mean among my selected list of stocks. Not just dive into something I am not familiar with.

No comments: