Thursday, March 21, 2013

Knee, Acupuncture & Rest

The 1st week of the hols kinda zoomed passed so quickly.

Well my right knee cap started aching about 2 weeks back though I haven't gone for KM yet. Alarming cos I had lost so much weight partly to reduce the stress on it. So when the follow-up with the sinseh, asked about it. Suggested acupuncture cos I had this knee problem for more than 10 years...

So I didn't go for KM for 2 weeks, did my conditioning at home. Also attended those slew of farewell parties that still cost me a bomb... I actually gained 2k in that whole week of eating and drinking. Now trying to work those off...

Acupuncture is something I am not used to. The sharp biting pain plus numb n sensitivity is something u can't mentally prepare for. So far I had gone for twice, it's now part of my weekly follow-up... I hope to resume KM next week, but will ask to skip the first part of warm-up. I don't want to aggravate my knee further.

As part of this, I didn't go out much. Just next door or to Clementi to run banking, bills and other errands. I felt like exploring around and do those aimless walks I do during the holidays but didn't want to stress the knee hence I didn't.

-Mostly stay at home, if not go out for breakfast or dinner next door.
-Sleep.
-Practice the guitar a lot. Currently working on 'Canon in D' on the acoustic guitar. It's not the full score but its complicated enough. Hope to get my hands on the full guitar tabs to play it in its entirety.
-Exercise, kept up my workout routine. Didn't go for KM, meant I did like tricep dips last week. Quite busy and tired from all the events and parties.
Last weekend, I resumed my usual conditioning. Started off with 1 set of push-up&sit-up&leglifts&1min plank, KettleBell workout 2sets and 210 tricep dips. Then rest one day. The next time is 2 sets. Rest one day, today is another 2 sets. Hope to keep up this alternate workout until I resume KM next week.
-play some games on I-phone that were neglected in favor of work.
-looked at the stock market.
-tidied my table outside and my clothes. Still have some books and stuff to go.

-trying to control my eating... Holiday started so like stay-at-home or go out, both have lots of tempting food around. My cough has gotten better then as usual my appetite surged. But I struggle to not over-eat or at least balance my calories. It took me so much effort to lose those kilos, I am NOT going back there, ever.

-made an appt for my biennial health check-up. It'll be on 2nd April, 1.5 weeks to go. It'll force me to clean up my 'laksa, instant noodles and caixin' habits, to clear the system for an accurate reading. I hope my cholesterol levels & weight would be better than 2 years ago.

-settle the Spa trip, booking, enquiries and getting my sis to help me print out from her workplace...

Tomorrow I look forward to a good 3hrs spa. It's pricey but guess I should 'reward' myself sometimes. At least it's out of the country, though its a half-day trip. First time, too. Hope for a great experience.

Hope to be able to go out during the weekends. Just to have a hang-around feeling.

No comments: