Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spa @ Angsana Bintan (pampered)



Went with Tab for our spas at Angsana Bintan on Friday, 22nd March. It was my first trip to Bintan ever. My family don't travel much, say back to hometown. So don't blame me that many obvious places I haven't been to.

I settled the itinerary for the ferry and the spa timing. Found out that they are 1hr behind us. 

Cos of our timing, couldn't go on a weekday, off-peak so the hotel rooms (superior) wasn't available. And the queens was much more expensive, hence a change of plan to go for a day-trip instead.

I chose the Sun Balm spa package (below) which after service charge and GST is about USD$182. Pricey but its kinda rare for me to do so. Also need to pamper myself sometimes. I was kinda sun-burnt from the previous event under the sun, so this appealed to me greatly.

SUN BALM
(180-minute treatment & 30-minute refreshments and relaxation  session)
USD 150++


Sun Repair

Spa Tip: A perfect remedy to soothe sun-exposed skin.

60-minute aloe vera treatment • 60-minute oasis massage • 60-minute sweet soother facial


It actually consists of a body conditioning, a massage and a facial. When I looked through their website, found the ones that I got under the package. 

I'll skip through the ferry waiting, getting there and even the cab ride there. The usual I guess. Except next time we have a better gauge of the pricing. But still, we got there safely, with time to spare.

The hotel is beautiful n definitely luxurious. As in when you walked in, the layout that you can see. The service is also very good, immediately the staff attended to us, including getting our ferry booking slip for us, available at the reception area and also getting us a one-way cab back. Talk about service.

We were walked to the spa. Very nice setting. The aroma and lighting made us relaxed. The chilled orange juice served is good. We got to choose this potpourri thing that they warm up under the hole where ur face goes to. That smelled refreshing, chose the medium one. Tab went for the light one. We started on time and went to our separate rooms for our spa treatment. Tab's one is different from mine. One of their signature package, massage, oil treatment and head massage, 120mins.

Mine is the longer one, 180mins. I must admit the service is very good. The room is very nicely done up and luxurious too. The therapist is also very attentive. They checked through for your items, preference for strength, sensitivity and areas to focus on and also injuries.
 
1.      ALOE SUNKISSER



for sensitive/dry skin
After-Sun Treatment

Spa Tip: Discover the tingle of soothing aloe vera as it stimulates new cell growth and moisturises sunburnt skin.

In the first part, the body conditioning. I had a cold mix of aloe vera something rubbed on my entire body. It was actually nice except after a while got really cold. Then once your whole body is rubbed, laid on my back and I was wrapped up like a mummy with layers of dunno what. Couldn't see cos I had wet cooling strips placed on my entire face. Smells aloe vera-y. So while being wrapped snugly up, it wasn't cold and it actually felt relaxing and good. I'm sure my sun-burnt shoulders and arms aren't complaining. Didn't fall asleep but was just enjoying and relaxing the limbo. When it's time, layers removed and I had a quick warm shower to wash off the aloe vera fruit bits. Quick towel off and continue the next massage

2.      OASIS
(60/90-minute treatement & 30-minute refreshments and relaxation session)
USD 70++/90++

Thirst Relief

Spa Tip: The perfect massage for sun exposed and matured skin as a blend of six massage oils, rich in vitamins and minerals, is used to reduce the dryness of the skin.

First you were dried off. Then the massage started. When she pressed my legs, I could feel the muscle aches that were actually there but didn't know they were there until pressure was applied there. Worked towards the shoulders and back. She's got strength and really hit the spots. I do realize my neck is really sensitive but she ironed out the kinks. The massage also warmed up the body, don't feel the cold from the earlier cold mixture and also the cold from the shower cooling off in an air-con room. I think this massage is much better than the Thai ones. It is more well executed though just for an hour. 



3.      SWEET SOOTHER
(60-minute treatment & 30-minute back massage & 30-minute refreshments and

USD 90++
relaxation session)
for dry/sensitive skin
Take That 'Fragile' Sticker Off My Face, Please?

Spa Tip:A gentle facial that protects fragile tissues from irritation caused by free radicals and environmental pollutants.
The final was the facial. I only know that my eyes were covered with at least 4 different types of mask, including this nice warm lavender eye mask. Then got many different layers of stuff applied. I assumed the first one which stung a bit was a bit acidic or alkaline to clean the face. Then wipe and cleaned off. Then got scrubbed, and many other times, liquid is applied, massaged on, then later wiped off, washed off with warm towel. Finally there was this layer of mud mask thingy applied and once it was done, the whole layer is peeled off, more face rubs and wipes. Finally more facial stuff applied. Then I was done. Could rest a bit cos the package includes a 30min time of resting, showering, getting ready, relaxing.  They gave a small bowl of salad, carrot and green apple with guava powder, the carrot with guava powder tastes really nice. The carrots were sweet by itself! The tea given was also delicious. Definitely felt very pampered and relaxed. I took some pics of the room. Gave my therapist a tip cos I was happy with the whole treatment.                                                                                               Dunno what's wrong with this format... nevermind. We took the cab and ate at the Ferry Terminal. Got back safely. DF gave me a lift back. Agreed to meet for lunch the next day, to maximize the holidays. I slept really well that night.













































No comments: