Monday, March 28, 2016

A tiring and fast week.

This week kind of zoomed past quickly, mainly cos I went for very intensive KM. Three sessions twice - Tue and Thur. The post to up my exercise is not for show. I mean it. There was a intense heat wave on Mon and Tue. So during the Monday training, I ran out of water as I had finished my 2 litres after the second session. They had just rolled out a third session - ground fighting. But I didnt feel up to it cos it was just so very hot and humid and I was out of water. Decided to give it a try the next day, by being prepared. Which meant bringing out my 3 litres. It worked cos the next day, I survived the triple session, with some water to spare. And on Thur, I had about a litre left. Cos the weather had turned a bit cooler relative to Mon. After 4 sessions this week, by Sat. I was dozing off at noon. Not much aches courtesy of the portable massage units. Hope to keep it up. I only have less than a week before my Taiwan trip. Imagine all the delicious food and how much potential damage...

Inbetween the KM training, during the afternoons, I headed out. More than usual too. No wonder I was tired. Tue I went to IMM to buy a new lugguage trolley bag for my mom. Long story short. She doesnt have her own. She always brings many small bags and comes back with even more bags - which I am the one lugging them around. Imagine carrying my own plus at least 5 bags and more depending on how much I could load on both my hands. Hence decided to get a larger one. For this Taiwan trip and also can be used when going back to Msia. Hope it will mark the end of all those bags and bags which I have to carry. Cos she old now and I am still healthy and strong so I take as much as I can load up on. And its a pain. I went to a shop and tried out the larger lugguage. There was a sale too. Decided on the soft case cos its super light for the size relative to the hard case which is like 5kg empty. Too heavy to lift easily. Chose a pink fusha color one with 4 wheels and pretty happy with the quality and the price. Speaking from travel experience, when you are lugging a overflowing but small lugguage with several other bags all over the place, very uncomfortable, you are willing to pay for a better lugguage. Granted my Mom paid for her own lugguage. But I really hope with its 110 litres capacity, with 4 wheels, meant I dont have to end up with so many bags all over me anymore. Came back on public transport, rolling it with me. Then went for evening KM.

On Wed, headed to Quet's place, with Tab to get the 4th and 5th Bazi book. We met up and had delicious lunch at Kovan hawker. Many many good stalls inside. I tried the Hainanese curry rice and it was very very good. Better than my area's. Then we headed over. Tab practiced a bit cos we were having a long chat about stuff. Then I waited while Quet came home. We dabaoed Zhi Char food back and ate while the cable guy set up the wifi and also the cleaner did the cleaning. Introd her to more Final Fantasy music. Searched for them on Spotify and found quite a bit. Also played a few of my favourite tracks. Had a good day out but by the time I reached home, it was already past eleven.

On Fri, headed out with Mom and sister who wanted to eat some nice Jap food. Recommended trying out Liang Court cos got a bit more choices, more authentic and assured of the quality. We ended in Tampopo. My mom and I had different style ramen and my sis had very tender pork fillet katsu. Very worthwhile. Definitely filling and later I had a melon sundae cone. But after reaching home, I was tired and lazed around and also dozed off.

Sat, after KM in the early afternoon. I reached home around 2pm and ate lunch and slept deeply. My mom and sister headed out and I didnt join them. They brought dinner for me and I ate and just dozed more. Not a productive time in terms of reading but more physically. Hopefully when I weigh myself tomorrow, maybe half kg or one kg lighter??? keeping fingers crossed.

Think the next week would be a repeat. Flying off on Sunday. I can do a max of 4 KM or reduce it to 3. See how I feel then.

No comments: