Thursday, March 31, 2016

Exchanging scary but real stories - L'm scared.

I needed to find 2 witness for my insurance policies nominations and so checked with my friends if they were meeting up. Had wanted to finish and mail it out before I fly this Sunday. A tea session was arranged and I joined in. If any lessons could be gleamed from the life event I had just gone through, its making a will and also nominations and arranging all your financial stuff into a solid file.

I was out early unwillingly due to my mom wanting to head to Clementi to change twd for the trip. I was adjusting my body clock and was up earlier and was groggy and still recovering from two consecutive nights of triple sessions and the boxing drills were punishing on the shoulders. Then she proceeded to nag about the expiry of the passport and I checked it and told her mine was fine. She went on and asked me the date, which by now irritation was creeping into my tone when I answered. Then tio scolded... kept my mouth shut. Later she went out to buy groceries and I decided to sleep a bit more. No use being even more grumpy from lack of sleep when we went out before lunchtime. In my mind, I was thinking, why change money I also had to tag along. Man, how old am I? Slept for 45mins more, felt better and when I opened my eyes, she was back and I changed and we headed out. She kept quiet until Clementi then talked. I was fine with the silence and slept on the short bus journey. Then we walked to check out the rates for 4 money changers in the area. A short walk and saw all 4 rates. Then we had lunch at a bustling coffeeshop. I told her since I was out, I would head down to Chinatown area and hang there before the meeting with friends. 

I got out at Outram and walked to the money changer near Chinatown station. Saw the rate that was slightly lower than the Clementi one and decided to change cos I wasnt sure whether I would be back in Clementi early enough to do so. Lose about $3.50 difference. Then checked the notes given, counted twice and kept the money and headed to Chinatown Point. 

I had planned to sleep in the Chinatown library but it was closed until 3pm for a staff event. So I had bought a new Oolong tea - Meta Oolong, barley and oolong, a big ass 1.5litre bottle. I settled down in Macs and bought a Large coke zero. So read my Alien book and yawned and drank more caffine until 3.15pm. Took the downtown line and hopped off one station later. Using Google Map, and navigated to the correct direction and walked. Noticed many changes since the last time I passed by, about a year ago.

Saw this that looked like the agreed cafe and noted that the hunks in the blog post werent there, though expected cos that post was in 2014. There were slim ladies and dad-bod guys serving but I must say service was good. FH came shortly then Tab. We looked through the wordy menu and I am again afflicted with temporary menu-dsylexia and finally we all decided on the Awesome menu items. Each of us had one of the three Awesome dishes, namely Awesome Sandwich, Awesome Lasagna and mine Awesome Salad. We were feeling high and totally awesome, singing to the tune of 'Everything is Awesome' song. The decorations were vintage and old-school and interesting toilet too. Our food came and it turned out tasty and flavorful despite the looks of a clean and green meal. I thought the tasty gallop of meshed paste was tuna, turned out to be duck rillet - duck feet made into a tasty paste according to wiki. The basil spread on toast was palatable though I was initially apprehensive, basil being one of the few things I cant take much of. So the very clean and health and tasty meal. Then we were chatting and Candle joined in.

Interesting topics came up and most notably the spiritual stories, which was scary yet fascinating to listen to, especially scary because these are real ones, happening to real people, name Us. Didnt know that FH was so susceptible to spirits when he was younger and that his friend, Turtle had exorcism rites carried out on him. Wow, and I thought I was the few who experienced these and mostly in the recent year, the most recent - just last week. Yes, that started to scare Tab and Candle, who were thinking of what to do with their plushies. Hello, what about your friend here, whose room was just adjacent and she has an old dog doll from childhood, lor? *shivers* and I ended up sleeping late into the morning, keeping lights on until the wee hours before I switched them off to sleep. Too much real stories can keep one up. Luckily no penalty for oversleeping, though I still train myself to wake up with a slightly earlier alarm, switch off alarm and go back to sleep to catch up. Havent reverted to working hours yet, will try.

So we had an Awesome time at The Awesome Cafe and took a lift from FH who was heading to Orchard. We got off at Taka and hung around until dinner. Candle went to have dinner with her friend and Tab and I walked around more, chatting along while waiting for DF. It helped that we were still feeling awesome, after our Awesome food in our bellies. Headed to the fish place in Taka basement, Nakajima Suisan and I tried out the Tuna set and bought the oden again. I had this Shimo set in my first visit with oden and still remembered the taste and quality. That time Tuna was out of stock. Glad to be able to eat there again and try another fish set. Yummy. Filling and suddenly I feel so full, like my appetite has decreased but I slowly finished the food. It didnt help that my sore shoulders were acting up really bad when I had to lift my right shoulder to eat with chopsticks. Took me a while to finish and then we headed home. At home, I had more massage on the portable units with Counterpain and I am as good as new this morning. 

No comments: