Monday, March 21, 2016

The Simple Life is not for me

A concept from the Bazi book series that Quet had loaned me, at least up til Book 3 is that the 10 Gods represents character traits, both positive and negative and one's character can be shown through the bazi. I looked at my own and my sister's cos we included the time of birth which gives rise to 8 characters or the full bazhi and it is pretty accurate and telling.

So Geoky has a simpler outlook in life compared to mine, complex outlook. It is so telling in this trip back to Muar.

We went back to do the first year of Qin Ming (sweeping the tomb, make offerings) which for newly departed has to be earlier than the official Qin Ming. Apparently for the official Qin Min, you can pray 10 days prior or after that date. It is for not-newly departed, the 'old' spirits they say. For new ones, rookies, it seems that they are released earlier than these old ones, and during Qin Ming, they are called back. It meant that they dont receive the offerings if you make it later.

So it was a simple one. Made two big bags of parcels that are sealed with a talisman where the recipient's and senders' names are written. Think of it as fedex delivery so that it will be received by the intended one, not stolen midway. Also folded two big bags full of gold and silver bars to help burn the two parcels. And also put the loose coin papers around the stack before burning - to distract any lurking spirits so that they dont snatch from the burning stash. We went to the main hall to first pray to the guardians of the place, then Mom and Bro went to burn some offering. Then head to the tomb and Mom set up the food and lit the joss sticks. We prayed two rounds, then we went to burn the parcels and paper money. Then prayed and went down back to the main hall. Before leaving, we burnt a talisman to prevent any from following back. We were told not to eat nor drink at the graves. It supposedly meant you are snatching food from the ghosts who are eating. They will takan you in revenge. We didnt bring any offerings back. Paid a few ringgit to the worker there to help us clear when the day is over.

Went in on Saturday and spent the day folding as many gold and silver bars as I could. Sunday we went to make the offering at the tomb. Monday to Friday were spent in a slow and incredibly cut-off, isolated way with complete sloth and lack of purpose or anything, aka Eat and Drink, Sleep, Watch lousy cable TV, and later on pirated dvds. Erm some would envy that but seriously I was bored out of my mind. No internet, no information, no purpose, no drive, nothing to do except to look at each other and the TV. Think about where to go for lunch or dinner, no going anywhere else due to the inconvenience of transport, just being in the apartment except when going out for meals. Luckily I had brought a few books to read and ended up going through the Bazi books 1-3 again. I didnt make it to the Malay book nor the Share Trading one. Cos there is no sense of purpose, hence the drive is lacking. I did read the Bazi books but not always on some days. Yes so I didnt really enjoy these 'Chi He La Sha' (eat drink poop pee) days. I miss the more purposeful things I did in SG. My sister however, having a simpler outlook did enjoy the days. I told her I am worried how much weight I am putting on, eating all these food, unhealthy and seriously doing nothing except sleep and watch dvd. I told her if I do this, I might end up as one of those seriously obese persons, stuck at home. Granted I hadnt made any dent in my weight loss and went an entire 1.5 weeks without any exercise.

Yes, I prefer some sort of self-improvement, things to do, things to work on. Given there are so many I have to work on.

Firstly is my weight for health reasons. This 11kg weight gain is definitely unhealthy and needs to go for practical reasons. I dont want to replace my entire wardrobe, and dunno if I can even fit into my formal wear. I did buy some bigger sized tops and bottoms but this is not meant to be permanent. Hence I want to lose all 11kg of it first then work on the last 4kg for a total of 15kg. That's a lot of weight to lose and despite me hoping to them all ideally before my job search... I think realistically, it will take BIG effort, commitment and time to do so.

I am committing more effort to weight loss, instead of just exercise, I am going to cut and count my calories again. Just back from all the unhealthy food in Muar made me kinda lose my appetite for any rich and savory food. All I feel like eating now are tonnes of salad, clean food, plain food. So I shall ride on this and try to control my eating in hopes to make a slight dent before I fly off to Taiwan.

Second is continuing to go for the KM lessons which I had just renewed the package, I had a slight lee-way for my previous package but now I try to 'make back' by going intensively for as many as I can, in a week. Up to 4 is my max so far unless I go social life-less and even go on Fri but usually I save that day for going out. Make the most out of it since I have paid $$$ for it.

Thirdly is to continue with my Investor education to become a more savvy trader/investor, especially with the stop-loss which I am so weak at. Also realistically speaking, this does help me generate some income, but can I maximise it to its full potential? I wont know until I try and before that try to educate myself more about technical analysis. So far, most that I have done are fundamental analysis. I need to first learn the technical analysis well, then try to apply them until it becomes so intuitive. This will take some effort, time and sheer persistence to do so but I am committed.

Others include my job search and the whole process, learning more about the Bazi and being able to put the elements with the 10 gods to do more in-depth understanding, learning that bloody auto car this time, tidying up the last bits of my room and stuff, finishing my 30-day Malay book and actually speaking broken malay, on top of other things and errands. A lot to do but I am unemployed at the moment, so lemme intensify things and make this period of time as productive as I can. Some requires the passage of time to make a dent but everything depends on starting, doing and continuing to do.

No comments: