Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas Party after a year of absence

This Christmas party, having missed one last year, turned out to be a pretty good. In the earlier morning and afternoon, we went to the temple in Tampines to give thanks to Taishui, cos 2016, Monkey tio it. After a round of thanks via donations, and small tian you money, my wallet was empty. We headed to Tampines central and ate a meal of Ayam Penyet. There goes my calories. Had to withdraw some monies and we hung around a bit at Century Square. There was a small christmas game thingy for those who spent $50 in a receipt. We tried and got a fugly pizza cushion (given away for donation) and $10 NTUC voucher. Fair enough. Though the fixing the puzzle in 1min was stressful. Then my Mom and sis went home via cab and I made my way down to Tab's place.

This Christmas would be remembered for trying to burn more calories by helping out do the chores. I managed to hit about 8500 steps by the time I arrived and later helping Quet to buy her late lunch and also 4 x 1.5litre drinks helped me hit 10000. Though in the end I still out-ate what I had burned, at least the food was good. I had a lot of extra like ice cream, xiao mi jiu, and Vanilla coke plus Snickers and almost an entire pack of chips with salsa, besides the rather healthy meal of turkey with salad, sweet potatoes, carrots and potatoes.

It was really thoughtful of Tab to let us bring back 1-2 boxes of leftover turkey over fresh rice. When I got home, after Krynnder kindly asked ZX to send, I showed my Mom and sis the packs. Asked them what they had. The initial plan was for them to eat a nice meal of Domino pizza or Nasi Bryani from the hawker near my former workplace. But they told me they ended up eating instant noodles as it rained very heavily and so they didnt go out. It was about 10.45pm then. And both were a bit hungry. They didnt eat all the rice. My mom took some with the meat and my sis had meat on bread. So they also had a taste of fresh turkey meat. Remarked tasted like chicken but I feel roasted chicken many a times not as tender nor fragrant. The rest went into the fridge for the next day.

No comments: