Thursday, December 22, 2016

Updates : KM grading, new phone

KM grading:

When I resumed KM two Sat, there was mention of a grading session coming up in early mid-Feb. I thought about it and decided I shall train for it. It kinda coincide with the end of my package. This being my final, so I decided I shall go out with a bang and try for it. I want to pass it cos it will cost $140... another expense I could do without but since it is the final for now. I mentally commit myself to it.

That entailed me going for KM intensively to do revision. I have not gone for regular KM lessons for quite a while, some stuff I had forgotten though after seeing once, I can do it. Some I have forgotten. And also there is a fitness aspect being added.

Last Sat, out of the blue, at the warm-up part, had to do 40 burpees, crunches, mountain-climbers, push-ups and squats. On top of that did the boxing drills that my shoulders and muscles were sore. Sunday, I had to help carry heavy stuff to do prayer session. Then went for weekday KM session, I was asked to do that fitness routine again after class ended. The rationale to build up my stamina and fitness so don't suffer later during grading. I was still nursing very sore muscles so I did them in 20 x 2 sets and completed. Came back on Tue to the same thing. Oh well, did 20 x 2 sets. My right knee is aching. So I decided to have Wed as a rest day. I didn't want to compromise my right knee just for this. So I am monitoring myself as I go. Though Wed, I went to JB and did a lot of walking - railway way. Slapping on a lot of medicated salve to the sore areas.

Think the sore muscles are mostly gone today, left a bit of ache in the right knee. I shall see if I can change my attacks to use less of my right but instead use the left leg. If still sore, I shall rest it more.

Though my weighing scale didn't go lower than 80kg... maintaining there. I hope with the added KM sessions, can make it go down. I realised I have shrunk in volume size a little. Last time I wore L-sized t-shirts and it was like wrapping up snugly against my arms, shoulders, stomach. Not comfortable to be so fitting with so much flab and I opted for XL t-shirts. Now it is actually a looser. So I can now go back to L-size, hoping to go back to my M-size. Jiayou...

New Phone:

My Note2 old phone which has served me almost 4 years, died despite resuscitation on my return journey last Sat after KM. I thought it was the batteries flat. But when I went home and charged up all the batteries and yet when I put in, screen didn't even come up... it died. It must have listed itself under a DNR list cos despite everything, nothing works. I lost a bit of very recent photos, contacts, even my games cos I dunno what ID they were linked to... omg, no more games for me. Maybe a sign to go play PS console instead. Or to do more useful stuff like look for a job or workout...

So I lamented the demise of my phone until Monday then I went with my Mom next door to get a new one. My mom also got a new one. As she is an extremely light user, she got the Gold HwaWei Y6. It had 2GB ram and 16GB memory. It is cheap (but later I saw in Woodlands, even much cheaper but don't expect my mom to go all the way there).

For myself I didn't want to end up paying $800-$900 for a normal phone with 4GB ram and 64Gb memory. My contract is up in May 2017, so I was thinking to conserve some monies by getting a mid-range phone. Looking around while the lady showed my mom the functions for the Y6, I saw this Oppo F1s model that was exactly in the middle with 3GB ram and 32GB memory. Plus I had my own 32GB sim memory. And the price was halved of the normal phones with 2 years guarantee, so I got that instead. Mine is rose-gold and good thing was it came with a cover. Got the tapered glass for $5 cos we buying phones so cheaper instead of $10. It is very like a Samsung phone, in fact the interface is so close with extra features that made it much better than my very ancient Note2, of course. I can finally download Pokemon but no kick liao. These few days, all the running around and KM revisions made me too sore to go out walking and catching pokemons. I am poorer again... hardly made enough from the part-time tuition to even afford this phone.
_______________________

I do hope my unemployment status can be rectified soon enough. Frankly at this point, I have no idea how to get myself out of this situation. It progressed to this stage due to the various causes and I am dealing with the consequences alone. I hope to reach the point sometime in the future, when I can look back on this period of time and actually say to myself that it was okay to do what I did. As I had confided in Krynnder that I am not at that point yet. She advised me to be hopeful and positive. I also understand that nothing will change unless I make the moves to change things. As hard, as procrastinating as I am, as much as I fear and as lazy, I am making some moves. Still not at full momentum, but I am moving. Can only hope things will somehow work out in the long run.

No comments: