Saturday, December 31, 2016

End of 2016 and onward to 2017

2016 will be remembered as a time of being very stagnant and lost. Also a lot of family issues - still dealing with Dad's stuff and having to deal with extended family, conflicts within own family. The irritating and sad fact is that small molehill  issues become big mountains, empty talk and no action,  and this cycle keeps flaring up. After one issue, shortly after another issue. Like no lasting peace. Always a calm before the next storm. Makes me wonder what is the family karma to keep tio such things.

The redeeming points are - supportive friends who are concerned and being able to resume Krav Mags, that gave my life a sort of focus and regular routine. I will be rather sad and lost when I stop KM after grading in early Feb. I need to get the extra flab off in a doable and healthy manner. Thinking of doing those boxing drills learnt at home from Feb onwards. 

There were more family trips this year but I feel mostly there are family obligations and I have to endure and put up with alot of habits, bickering, issues and carry stuff. Not exactly very relaxing. Some trips leave me more tired than relaxed. I do look forward to doing some solo travelling after my employment is settled. I have a Starbucks cup for that. 

I am keeping up with the daily prayers chanting.  The other constant since end May.  Will keep at it. No way near any spiritually enlightenment but can learn to endure happenings in life and also mindful of one's action, words, thoughts and responses. So basically do good, don't do evil. Reading through the Buddhist books I got from Ipoh does make me more careful of sins, given the recent family situation. So I've come to the conclusion,  I can only control myself, not others. So I try to work on my own end. Something like that. 

In 2017, I sincerely hope and pray that my stagnant state can change to something more positive and happening. I will work hard at my job as per the GuanYing lot. Just get me moving forward instead of floating around. 

No comments: