Monday, December 12, 2016

Updates

For the past 3 weeks, been trying to do several things,

mainly I was cleaning and tidying up part of the living room and also clearing more of my Dad's books in my room and also some of my own stuff to make it less cluttered. Apparently an untidy messy home would invite roaming spirits to come and settle in cos its so messy and dark and they have dark corners to hide at.

It took quite a lot of effort to bundle up even more books, bring to recycle bins downstairs. Tidied up the things to donate to Salvation Army, taken so far 5 trips via bus, as I went out and made a quick stop along the journey. I didn't know where I found the stamina to do so. Lugging two big heavy bags to the bus stop, take bus, deposit and come back home over 5 separate days. Two of those trips, involving a big ass painting, and some dui-lian (chinese style 4 blocks displays) and art stuff. I did the same, carry to the bus stop, get up the bus, drop off and deposit and go along my way.

But there was a pile of papers and photos and stuff in the room still. Mainly Dad's that took me longer to clear cos by then ran out of steam and momentum. Starting at the tuition part-time and doing relief meant I was out three days a week for two consecutive weeks. Struggling there. The discomfort and struggle made me search for jobs more and I sent out a couple of resume and cvs. Then stalled.

I headed over to JB, my first was two weeks back but the bus queue was jam-packed and I was in the yellow queue that was unmoving, so I gave up after waiting for twenty mins. I decided to head back this week but go straight to the railway way link and instead walk over to the customs. That way, I can cut out one of the two bus journeys and hence avoid one bottleneck. I had to go to JB mainly to do banking - dormant accounts my own, I closed and consolidate into one main personal account. The other was to get 2 working tops that are for interviews. I can't fit into my old working clothes, especially the formal wear. So with the pants I have borrowed and one of my own, I needed the top. Since I have some RM on me and didn't want to pay SG prices and struggle with the sizes, I decided to try my luck first in JB.

So the second trip on Monday went smoothly. I followed the plan and the crowd walking over via the railway was so much much thinner and I reached the customs and cleared in 5mins. Headed to board the only one bus journey. Hopped on the yellow bus then cos there were a few and paid RM$3 for it. Got to CitySquare much faster. I have discovered a new and faster way to avoid the crowd but this is only for those who can walk. Elderly cannot do this way. I managed to buy my two tops, one from Dorothy Perkins (S$60) and a top and a jacket from H&M (S$80). Now I need to get myself interviewed...

Then I applied for a couple more jobs. Still saw some and haven't applied yet. Thinking of the customised cover letter is the time-consuming part. Also the requirements of the job and also the skills. The rest is be diligent and patient.
______________________

On the stock market front, it took me forever and such a big prolonged dip then I finally decided to take losses and cleared out 2 lousy counters at a massive loss. Then my portfolio is now healthier looking. I am not sure how to make back the losses, cos of my unemployment status, so I have to keep the lessons learnt in mind and take it as a business loss and remember the mantra: the first cut-loss is the smallest. And also avoid the Msia stock market. Cannot make it.

No comments: