Friday, July 16, 2004

Interesting Revalations
 
Today had some short and interesting exchange with one male collegue (very hard to find male collegues in Operations man). Cos I noticed earlier that he used an Absolute Vodka bottle as his water flask AND an empty cigar box as his stationary box. Hmm... intriguing. So he had to teach me some of the stuff, so he was my first contact there. So anyway, today just asked him casually if he drank Vodka and smoked cigars, which he admitted.
 
Okay... So here comes the interesting part. He told me that there is a difference between Vodka and Tequila. I was like 'huh? u meant the taste?'.  Not that. Its the effect of the alcohol. 'Really?'. He explained that Tequila alcohol effect or the high kicks in very fast after consuming the drink, hence after a while, the drinker is sober. But for Vodka, the effect is reverse. U can drink as much without the high or feeling anything. So continue drinking like nobody's business... until later WHAM! The full force of the alcohol kicks in and POW! One....Two....Three *Ding Ding "U're OUT!" (I pondered for a while, then realised that its quite true. That partially explains why I was getting drunker and drunker on my way home....the explaination makes sense) So gals, beware Vodka. Err I think Gin is also like Vodka (the experience at Shaw House) Not sure about the Barcadi Lemon though.
 
The second interesting fact concerns the difference between how a cigar is smoked vs cigarettes. He told me the proper way is to puff a cigar ie holding the smoke in the mouth, not inhaling like that of cigarettes. Inhaling a cigar is very bad. He defended that cigar, due to the way its smoked is actually healthier compared to cigar. He shared the fact that cigar smokers dun go for cigarettes and vice-versa. Err I wont be trying that out to verify but its interesting to know more about cigars.
 
The last bit was that I overheard him talking about 'Guild war' which to those who understand the jargon, means online gaming where a gang or clan fights against another. They set a time and place/map. Then at the hour, all of your gang turns up. Once the parameters are set, its all out war. The objective is to annihilate the opposing team for the prize or ranking. Once your guild is powerful enough, u go around the game like a cyber bully or police and smacks anyone who misbehave. I told him that I dun play much online except for Gunbound, played mostly PS games and RPG titles. He told me the fun of online gaming is the human interaction. That the character is your ALTER-EGO. ie In work, you are nothing but a small fry, where u have no power to do anything.... got to follow orders barked at you. But once in the cyberworld, U are magically transformed to an all-powerful Warlord, with a clan of battle-streaken warriors. U bark the orders, U bully, U are power itself. Interesting perspective. Cos I dun really know any online gamers. So this revalation is interesting... I guess its a sort of escapism out of the harsh reality that we all live in. Those dreams that cant be fulfilled, might be partly accomplished through our Alter-ego in the cyberworld. A world where u can be whatever u want to be, free. Its like our lifes in reality is an empty shell to pass a few hours before shortly one descends to the Real Cyberworld. Well... to each his own poison. At this point, I still have a Japanese test in less than 24hrs and have not finished studying.... Argh... i feel like escaping to my PS World or Manga World. Hope others have studied :P
 
So far work though easy but a bit tedious is still okay. My former circus training and Bleeding days have helped considerably to make things easier. Just want more money at this point.
 
 
 
 

No comments: