Sunday, July 25, 2004

Well regarding the temp job episode. Its not any great loss. In fact, I felt really focused on the Next step to take. No more temp jobs. Have to be less anxious and search more thoroughly for better offers out there. Dun think will go back for that two weeks. The money is innocent but the motivation is nil.
 
Incidentally I realized that its been a year, since I first started on my quest to gain more work experience. I remembered starting on the 21st Jul 2003. First day of work on my first job. Well its high time to take a break and chill out. Though I look serious, I do need my recreation, fun and chilling out times too.
 
Award Won: Full Attendance!
 
This saturday marked the end of Level 1 Japanese. All 'graduates' attended a ceremony to be awarded a Tenrikyo Certificate, certifying that the incumbent has passed the internal exams. Onward ho! Next stop, Level 2. The event is held at Crown Prince Hotel, the one in Orchard, with Swensens outlet. The interesting fact was the domination of female over males, and also that the higher the levels, (up to level 6) the lesser the students. I aim for at least Level 4. It was a nice event with a OISHI buffet with videos of their activities. Cant seem to remember the last time where I attended a nice and enjoyable hotel function.
 
Well first up, Krynnder, ZX, Tab and me were kept occupied with a Jap food crossword puzzle, gunning for a prize. Then we had to go up to stage to collect our certs. Its a nice looking cert, with our full names translated. Its pretty amusing to see how ZX, Krynnder and Tab fumbled with their digital cams to take shots of each other when it came to our turn to go up. Most of us ended up with blurred shots or back views of ourselves. Okay they had this award for full attendance and highest marks in the level. So I got the full attendance award. Had to go up again. The prize is a nice metallic Sheaffer pen. Shucks, it was nothing compared to my university attendance. But I was teased endlessly by Tab... "Hey, a few years later..... for the Nth time in the last few years for full attendance.... Yenn!!!!!" Man, thanks for the compliments *scarcastic* Then after the speech by teachers and guests, its onto the food. All of us were starving and boy was the food delicious. Each had two helpings.  Later we left and went on our separate ways....
 
Me and Tab went to check out the youth council stuff near Cineleisure and there was this band performance outside cineleisure. Apparently some event to help with the ST pocket fund. So that band was so lame that we didnt stop but went straight for the youth council. Chanced upon a photo of a J-rock group, Baroque that came to spore a few years back. It was the first time that one J-rock band actually came to Spore. It was for the youth festival with band performances lasting the whole day. Well of course the J rock band Baroque was the ultimate highlight. They finally showed up around 8pm. I had waited patiently with Tab from afternoon until then. Tab left for something else later. Their performances was definitely worth the wait. Very explosive, alot of talent and showmanship. I remembered feeling very high, amazed and impressed. It was definitely worth the time. Didnt take pictures then so that photo brought back some good memories abt the Orchard area. hehe.
 
When we went back to Cineleisure, another band RAVE started performing. Their songs, self compositions were very Good! The band vocalist has a strong voice and the music rocks. Very versatile group performing rockish, boy band types and even slow numbers. I loved the beat and melodies. Man, this break I should practice more on my guitar. Hmm Electric guitar, bass..... I wanna learn them all!

No comments: