Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Its exactly three weeks from my last job.

In this short time,
-I was sick for one week
-Went for 3 interviews and rejected for all 3
-Went out with JC friends, Karoke, pool, dinner
-Went out with Uni friends, drinking, dinner, classes
-Twice weekly tuition and Jap class
-Johor Citysquare shopping for anime (got Shaman King)
-Finish watching Shaman King in 3 days

Well just accepted a temp assignment, hence returning to monkeying ways. This time, its really for the MONEY, even if its not much. Duration one month, will continue to search actively for work and career-building.

The fact is that I cant seem to relax much though I'm at home. Its like an unfamilar feeling, and I feel bad- cos I am suppposed to work but am still not in a proper job. Hence I was really frustrated for a while. Not depression but bitter, I guess that for some others, things seem to go fine, but not for me. Dun worry, after a while I calmed down and straightened my thinking.

I should not let work rule me. My working days have only just begun. I should try to enjoy the process and pursue what is true for me. Though I am anxious about the unknown future, feel lost somewhat, but I guess that is just one stage one has to go through.... It is really painful, no-one told me that work is hard, job search is hard. The disappointments, the ego-bashing, the pain and also the joys.

The past one year has been tough. Not say I am pessimistic. Its my genuine feeling upon looking back on what I did. I am currently reading a book: Monkey Business - Swinging thru the Wall Street Jungle, its an interesting perspective from a junior in the world of investment banking. Hilarious style of writing. I also share some of their sentiments, they being newly employed, what they saw and did. There are differences though, they being highly paid but disillusioned but me lowly paid monkeying around in Operations. An easy to read book from the library.

I am still going about on my path. I hope to be more settled in terms of work and PAY. I wont give up so easily, I might be side-tracked or distracted, but I will persist.

There is still one minor thingy up and coming, JAP EXAMS!!!! Have to find time to study.

No comments: