Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Ups and Downs
 
I am very much convinced that this year is a bad one for me. Well, until this afternoon around 4pm, I was still okay.... Nevermind that my JC friends seemed to be doing very well, most employed and earning around $2.5K. Nvm that they seem concerned that I might be monkeying around.... which i wasnt. I am already trying very hard. Disheartened sometimes but not giving up. Nvm that I am just getting a temp pay.... Nvm that I always have some 'bad' experience in all my work assignments.... BUT the straw came when out of the blue. Who would imagine that for a simple 1 mth temp assignment, one had to encounter this type of crap..... Well this afternoon, was just told abruptly that Friday is the last day. All four of us temps were like 'huh?!? WTF!' Oh, the 1 mth assignment just split into a two weeks assignment first then followed by a probable two weeks somewhere in mid August. So we had to rush our stuff until this friday then scram...
 
Well part of me was glad cos work was mundane and suddenly I want very much to stay at home. Cos yest I took half day cos not feeling so good. Then when I got home, my sis was happily gaming. Then watching tv. I just laid on the floor. Too tired to move into the room. Then telling myself to fix up my resume and send before six. Still had a movie to catch in the evening. The difference is that my sis having holiday. Mine is not. Mine is a totemo long working life ahead. Sign.

The other part felt pissed. Why is it that I cant even pass a 1 mth assignment without any negative experience.... People okay. Work dull. Pay low. Still okay. But this incident had to spoil everything. So plans are up-set. So peanuts fall. Due to small amount in the first place, the fall was greater than anticipated. Due to the cpf implication, the gross peanut is grossly obscene. Furthermore, the amount of expenses incurred to earn peanuts result in even precariously lower levels of net peanuts left. I think I am better teaching tuition. Okay I am signing up with more. Well its really use finish then discard.  We didnt screw up. Its them. They didnt anticpate the delays so whose fault is that they overshot their frickingly small budget. Well we just had to accept the option for that two weeks but were very unhappy. In fact, I lost my motivation to work. I was like seething slowly. Cos its unfair. Hence called up the agency and told them. The agency promised to look into it. Just told them to look out for contract posts for me. Then I called up a couple more. Just signed up at one tuition agency. I dun feel like going to work tom.
 
Too bad I cant play sabotauer. Well just my luck. I am seriously contemplating going to temple to pray for better luck with jobs. Especially with regards to finding one, settling down and building a career. In the meantime, just going to pick up my bit of holiday where I left it some 2.5 weeks ago. Going back to being plain old me again.
 
 

No comments: