Saturday, July 09, 2005

2 more weeks...

Another two more weeks, aka 10 more school days to NIE release. If you call cramping at least 13 modules into 4 mths, a release. Reckon its just from-a-frying-pan-into-the-fire-type of release. But hell, its better than to have nothing to look forward to. Been running around and worrying abt my mom, she was not well. So I dilligently rush home after work and help with the chores.

Another Event....

Today is the last of a series of events at my workplace to exhibit its offerings to would-be- parents-of-students. Basically my cca ended smack up as one of the main highlights again. SO the ass is on the line again. Sign. Yesterday stayed back to help set up the booths and today was spent running around to ensure all props, costumes, actors are around and ready. (Sounds like a prop-master)

Unlike the previous exhibit, this time I played around more. My other collegue took one of the display prop, an indian chief hat and wore it. She beckoned me to try something also. So I went ahead and put on the Phantom of the Opera mask. Had to take off my specs to do so and got alot of response from students and collegues alike. But it was hard to breathe under the mask. One of the student started saying "u look very different without specs... handsome..." and then started calling me "Mr XXX.. Mr XXX.." (err wait a min... I didnt mean for that effect... Oh well, I'll be leaving soon.) Later on, I saw my reflection in the mirror, not nice at all leh.. looked like monster cos of the mask!?!

Later rushed off for guitar then jap class. Of course by jap class time, I am tired again. Cannot respond properly to questions.

B#tch Back...

There was an unmarried, single collegue who retired before I started and I am sitting at her former table. Then just recently, this collegue, named b***h, came back on contractual basis. Since I am sitting there, she took another table.

On thurs, one HOD, L, an individual with questionable motive, asked b***h casually why she wasnt sitting at her OLD seat. To which b***h replied cos its occupied and she was waiting for it to be vacated. Then she followed saying that she's barely gone a year and her smell is still there...(these almost her exact words)

Excuse me but I was sitting in the staffroom and of course heard this exchange, as a number of others. I was disgusted with both of them. Purposely by L and b***h. What, I was here first. For those who know me, I am neutral to everyone. I rather not judge at face value but subsequent actions and words affect my judgement of the person.... so my rating and respect for both of them dropped to distrust. I am also disturbed.

On fri, while eating lunch with my ex-mentor and the usual gang of collegues, I told them what b***h said. One indignant collegue remarked "what she needs is a good Fuck! That will fix her." All of us were laughing loud over mouthfuls of rice. Another joined in "but since she's never fucked, just any Fuck will do." Man, we laughed and I felt better. Really its the people that is important. They can make work hell... or make hell bearable with humor. Thurs lunch was also enjoyable with a good laugh and twisted humor abt things at work. Cant recall what we were laughing about but I am very comfortable with these collegues. I can say what I feel and they guide me along and inject humor into things. I shall miss them when I leave.

No comments: