Friday, July 22, 2005

Farewell... and a fresh start

The DAY has finally arrived, the last day of work and I will be heading down instead to NIE. A short break, a change before being a full-fledged educator stuck for years in a school.

Ever since the new term began, my intense relief duties began, lasting all the way until today. Actually I was not feeling well the night before, but since I had to pack my stuff, say good-bye to friends, collegues and students, I didnt take MC. I had bought some tibits and repacked them to 50 packs for students from my class and my cca.

Well, expectedly there was to be no rest, cos there is full day relief again. I wrote an announcement for the cca students to meet me and distributed the stuff to them. Luckily the last period was free. Then I can go up to the class to give them the stuff.

After a long long time, finally it was the last period. Reliefing a P2 class and they were giving me a run for the money. The heat and boredom of doing worksheets got to them and they started making noise. Had to shout and scold. Finally it was over.

I grabbed the bag and went to class. I motioned to my mentor to let me speak to the class for a while. I just plainly announced that it is my last day today with them. And I have something for them. Remember to pay attention and study hard. Then I went around to let them pick from the bag I was holding. The shocking part was while I was going around, many started to cry, tearing and red noses, sniffing. Huh? I thought they dont listen much, play a fool around, make me shout and shout and look bored during my lessons. I had thought that the class didnt really like me. But for that moment, most will miss me. Well I had tried to teach as best as I could. So after giving out the stuff, I went down to pack.

To cut the long story short, later on took some pictures of a few students with my newly-bought Sinn and then made my way to collect the hostel room keys where I dumped all my stuff there. Then headed down to Harbourfront to collect the free gift for Sinn. 128Mb SD card and 4 rechargeable batteries and charger.

At first I wanted to celebrate the end of 10 months of contract teaching with Tab by going for a good dinner but my stomache didnt feel good so I cancelled it. See whether Tab's date manifest after the Jap test tomorrow.

*Groans* I have been so exhausted by the daily relief, cca, running around and feeling unwell that I havent finished studying. So I got to go now and try to finish. 3 more chapters... nemui....

No comments: