Monday, August 08, 2005

A terribily busy weekend...

My weekend started on a very busy note on friday.

In between classes, with 1 hour to spare, I travelled to the comp centre to check for the nth time whether my lap top has finally arrived. I asked the guy, termed Grunt to check for it and he replied nope. I was very weary and not satisfied to leave until I get to say something. I lingered around the shop and saw this lady who from previous visits, knows what is going on. I asked her and she said its here already. I was appalled. Huh? Why does Grunt tell me negative? She replied that he didnt check the list, for whom the goods have arrived but which she cannot contact.

So to me, it meant that IF I had not lingered around and pester her, I would have to make another trip down due to Grunt's fault... Gladly 'threw' the cheque at her and got my laptop finally.

Everyone lemme introduce you to the newest member of Hell's family, SIREN a 1.73GH, 60G hard drive, DVD-R, and 1G of Ram. So after Grey, Sinn and Siren, Hellbound is very very poor.

Saturday was another busy day. Went to buy the children's textbook prescribed by the tutor, then went for electric guitar and followed by Jap 3. I was totemo stoned ne by the time it all ended. But not for long, Kinokuniya was having a sale and I had to check out and purchase my own personal copies of certain children's books as part of assessment. The books have to follow certain prescribed topics. So I lingered around Kinokuniya. Tab had went off to meet her friends. And I checked out the Orchard library to search for award-winning picture books for the next week's tutorial. I was wiped out by the time I reached home around 10pm.

Sunday was equally busy. After hip hop class, I went to another library to search for that bloody award book and found one. Yay! Then took the train down to Expo for the Times Book sale and lingered around searching through piles of books to look for some cheap resources. I think I got all I needed for my lower-primary portfolio but not for my upper-primary portfolio. When I reached home around seven, my family went out for dinner. After which I went to Ginza to return my rented manga and get more. And within half an hour, I was packed to go back to my Hall. Hectic siah!

The best thing is after I settled down, I plugged in the network cable and Siren is magically connected to the Internet. Grey is singing lovely tunes while Siren joined in usion. At least something works around here. Phew, finally an end to printing notes in the library. With Sinn I managed to get the hip hop instructor to show all the dance moves she taught us. Now I can practice without having to forget moves here and there. And I can directly upload pictures using the SD card and slotting it into Siren. Great!

(and while all this is happening, Tab is pulling out her hairs, producing expletives of colourful nature cos her laptop cannot detect the lan setup.)

Tomorrow without one morning class, I can get Siren wireless up and running, then get my act together and start on those freaking assignments. Okie I think that is all for now. Need some shut eye. My weekend is really bombed.

Just a last mention to this 'holiday book syndrome' whereby suffereres would pack many books and note home or for holidays, hoping to have plenty of time to read them. But many a times, the books are left almost untouched at the end and have to be lugged back. Hmm I shall not bring so much back next weekend. I'll just pack Grey, Sinn and Siren. I think that is good enough.

No comments: