Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Happy Teacher's Day to Me.....

After an intense week, this week is relatively peaceful... actually its the calm before the storm. Cos next week I have 3 assignments due plus 1 test, followed closely by 4 more assignments and that is only for the month of September that hasnt't 'technically' arrived yet. Am looking forward to the recess week and purposely overlooking the number of assignments til then.

On monday, inbetween classes, I went to the toilet to answer thy call of nature and while I was washing my hands, I looked into the mirror and something caught my eye. I squinted... and tugged at it until it revealed itself.... A white hair! Me, Hellbound, having white hair! It was such a 'shock' that I stared at it a while longer and then hurried for class. In that class, I saw my projectmates and remarked

"I am shocked to find a WHITE hair just now in the toilet"

Images of a grey,white-haired Hellbound popped to mind. Hmm maybe I can try the ash-grey dye hair they have in mangas....

"Oh, that means the stress is getting to you. I also have white hair. Previously before university but thereafter I started getting whites."

Huh? She already couldnt take the stress of Uni.... then teaching might just give her more. As for myself, I am stressed but not that type that I cannot handle. You mean there is stress that I cannot handle. Anyway getting a white hair for NEI is just so NOT worth it. I assured myself that I will check to verify that its not my eye playing a BIG trick on me under the light. Later I conveniently forgot about it.

Tuesday, a better day cos I finally got my 6hr break back since make-up lessons had ended. So using that break, I tried to clear one assignment, which its almost complete. Then after class, I went with Tab to Jurong Point for a well-deserved and hard-earned dinner at MOS burger.

Incidentally ever since Geoky, my youngest sister worked in MOS burger, I just suddenly stopped eating there completely. Though the ice milk tea is my all-time favourite for a very long time, I just suddenly stopped. She didnt have a good work experience there so I carried that grudge and held it. So ever since then which was some time last year, I only went with Tab once recently at Lido and on tuesday. Hmm it seems I carry work grudges for long... Maybe I should ask my sister to work at the rest of the fast food restaurants, that way, I'll just boycott everyone of them and lose weight. :)

While I was drawing money from the atm, Tab went into a lingerie shop. And later when I joined her. She wanted to try her 'usual' so since there was a discount, I thought about it, and also tried some. Let's just say that she didnt find anything and I bought something. Its not the first time, remember the converse shoes. Her infamous Shopping Hypothesis - Shopper with need doesnt buy anything. Tag-a-long buys exactly what Shopper needed. And I got my first cross-back shirt. At the bus queue, Tab grumbled that she should join me shopping when its my turn to need something, which I assured her takes a very long while. I can have latent needs, which just means I can ignore that need for a very very long time and then finally find it and fill it eventually.

While waiting still, she helped me check for that WHITE hair and she couldnt find it.

"Chee chee chee" went Tab and she started scratching and picking my hair like a monkey.

*Rolls up eyes* arrggg, its itchy and walao the whole place can see lor.... grr

Now am kinda stoned... all the deadlines and project meeting... and tomorrow is Teacher's Day... yet we have classes. Watashi mo kyoshi ne! I am also one what. Why cant I enjoy a day that is dedicated to all alike? Just because I am a trainee in NEI. And around 4.30pm I just got an sms from my former school telling me that there is a dinner tonight. Since it is sent to me, it just means I am invited. But so last minute. I didnt get any notification. Opps didnt check my mail. But I had class up to 5.30pm followed by project discussion up til 7.30pm the intended timing. Not to mention tomorrow I still have early classes... so attending is out of the question. I dun think I will miss much, anyway met up with my mentor earlier.

So for now I'm in my room, had my dinner and bathe and blogging. Just dun feel like doing anything, cos this type of OTing is insane. Lemme chill a bit otherwise become 'Bai Fa Lao Nu'. Happy Teachers Day to all!

No comments: