Monday, October 19, 2009

Bush, Ice-cream, Winners and Losers

Today I woke up quite early, though I slept around 4.30am cos I was watching that stupid dvd, Blood, which is one of the most sucky movies I have ever encountered. The acting sucks, plot, effects, action, even ending. It belongs with '20th century boy and Existence' in the same pedigree.

I was trying very hard to sleep more though, managed to doze a little on and off repeatedly until the sun shone and heat up the wall beside the bed. Got up and heard how loud the tv was on. My dad was listening to his vcds/dvds and it was very loud. So loud that even though I shut the door, I could hear.

Got up, washed face, brushed teeth and asked my sister, Yingel what she wanted to eat. She had a day off in-lieu of Deepavali and was at home. I saw she was watching and listening to headphones, no wonder she could 'stand' the loud volume. Indeed I might have to resort to that too.

Cos didnt want to sit in the living room infront of laptop with tv blasting my ears, we headed out to eat lunch together. Then we headed to Ginza cos it was another HOT, ClOUDLESS, blue sky day. Headed there to enjoy the air con and escape the heat a bit. Walked around, went to the Popular. Then headed back after.

Then within 30mins, I had to head out reluctantly to the driving school. Today is another FT practice but the weather was SO bloody hot, unlike the weather 2 weeks ago where it was sunny but with lots of cloud and even breeze. Wore my visor to shield my face from the sun and headed out. The previous session, on my 3rd practice, I passed 5 booklets, today I passed another 5 booklets but failed 1. Wed is my last practice before Evaluation on Thurs. Then next week or so is my FT test.

I headed to the swimming pool after that. My period was over and looking at my lifestyle and flab, I decided that the only way about it is to exercise. No shortcut. Was very glad when I headed over to the changing room and saw that the medium pool wasnt crowded, could see a few free lanes. As I walked to the changing rooms, I saw something that rooted me momentarily. Think brain stalled too.

An aunty, of those age who have a kid at least 7 years old type, was standing naked just outside the changing room, folding her clothes and stuff. She doesnt have much breasts, saw the unflattering tummy and thighs and THE BUSH! ARGH!!!! My eyes, they bleed... OMFG, just cos u bring a kid doesnt mean u behave like one and do ur changing outside the changing room! I was so shocked, I headed straight to the changing and changed, mumbling about how some pple have no shame, u showed ur bush to ur husband and ur doctor while giving birth, doesnt mean u have to show me... Would it be better if it was the cunt of a young girl? a woman with better figure? Signz, show me a dick instead? I dont want to see somethink like my own. Same repels. Shake my head and headed out to swim.

Dunno why, but this time around, while swimming a few laps, I felt tired. Strange indeed. And while I was on 6th lap, suddenly got more family with young kids coming in to play with water. I quickly finished up to 10 laps, which by then, very hard to do proper laps cos of the number of pple and kids playing in the water. Was quite tired by then and decided to end. Went to have a nice long cold shower, thankfully no more hairy bush.

I decided to call home to check if Yingel had gone out. She mentioned about heading to Orchard. She was out by the time I called and I made my way down to meet her and Geoky later for dinner. She was browsing in Borders and I just sat down and played PSP. When it was near 7pm, we headed to Chahaya for a cheap dinner. The curry chicken with rice is very good, except a bit salty. I ordered the Hotplate crabmeat rice, the wantoons, youtiao and ice lemon tea. Geoky joined us later. All in, $19.50, about $6.50 per person. Quite affordable for a full meal in Orchard area.

We walked on a bit in Far East. Saw those long, chunky pendeants and there was one selling a 4 inch electric guitar. It looks very nice but a bit too chunky for my taste. Quite expensive at $20. Nice but dunno about useability of it.

Then we headed to ION orchard to eat the ice-cream. Forgot the name, but starts with G. It serves 3 flavours in a cup for $5.90 I ordered Green tea, Vanilla Cake and Swiss Cheese. My sisters bought Watermelon, Walnut, Strawberry, the other Peanut, Chestnut and Caramel. Geoky was commenting on how we didnt exactly dress very nicely. Yin was alright, Geoky too. I was in my 3/4, blue T-shirt, sling bag with a swim bag slinging over my shoulders. Not that presentable but heck it. But inside the ice-cream place, I noticed we the 2nd group of customers who ordered a cup each. The rest were 2-3 sharing a cup. Well not that bad for us I see.

The verdict. Green tea is thick and very strong tea flavour, not sweet type, nice. The Swiss cheese is surprisingly light and very tasty. The vanilla cake SUCKED to the core. It tasted chemically and like a rum and raisin but very chemically. Guess that's what I get when I dont do a sample first before ordering. There was this lady infront of us who was sampling quite a number of flavours, so much so that we, who were behind her, decided not to sample but just order. Watermelon is nice, Strawberry really tastes like the strawberry jam, Peanut is very peanutty, Walnut and Chestnut are tasty and Caramel is a safe and reliable option.

Then after that we decided to head home by cab cos Geoky was tired. Didnt mind paying a bit even though I was 'jobless' cos its not that much higher if we share out the cost amongst 3 of us. Later the whole topic about us being 'Losers' cos we dont dress up came up and we were actually comparing the total worth of things in our repective bags in the event someone snatched it.

Geoky
Wallet $10, money $30, hp free but assumed $100, waterbottle foc, bag $16, umbrella $10 => $170

Yingel
Wallet $120, money $50, hp assumed $100, bag $30 =>$300

Me
Wallet money $150, hp $100, I-touch $450, PSP $250 (both i-touch and PSP are depreciated value) bag $10 =>$860

Geoky was commenting how the 'worst' dressed but has the most value inside the scruffy looking bag. I agree. For most who dress up, besides wanting to be presentable which is fine, but doesnt mean they can afford the 'high' life or just by dressing up alone, makes them 'winners' and those who dont are 'losers'. That's not really how things work in real life. I am sure other things eg ur confidence, ur abilities and even ur perspective and outlook affects u feeling like a winner or a loser. Definitely not just clothes alone or even just material possessions alone.

All three of us were not wearing expensive clothes, our tops being in less than $20. Dunno why this 'Loser and Winner' thing came about. I just walked around without regard to what I think, the person who looks and sees me is supposedly thinking. Dolling up and dressing takes time and effort which I didnt see the need to cos I was actually only intending to head out to the driving school and also for a swim. The heading to Orchard came as a spontaneous decision, dont see the need to head home to dress up. Something like that.

But its a nice spontaneous decision that I dont regret. Hope to have more of these days, less the Bushes, and more the fun, I guess.

No comments: