Saturday, October 24, 2009

Scratch that...

Yes in my post this morning, I was aiming to spend only RM$200 instead of RM$400, but I have failed.

3 pairs of ladies slippers/shoes => RM$124 (average RM$42 or S$$17.10 per pair)

New bag, with 3 tops => RM$86.08 (after the discount of RM$50 if you purchase RM$150, my bag alone cost RM$80 before all the discount)

Lunch at A&W => RM$15

Dinner at Jap place => RM$34

Sweet Potatoes => RM$10.40

2x Charcoal bread, 2 cheesecake => RM$15

Prepaid phone top-up => RM$20

Supermarket stuff => RM$22.60

Small pouch for PSP => RM$15.90

Underwear => RM$10

2nd Link toll and misc including petrol => RM$20

Massage for 1hr, purely neck and shoulder (VERY VERY GOOD) => RM$90 (with tip)

GRAND TOTAL of RM$463 (or roughly S$191.32) which is in the region of what I spent the other time...

Hmm... I am turning into a shopping whore!!! This is a worrying development.

But looking through the purchases, I am buying things that I need... Need a new bag to replace ageing and starting to have hole, sling bag.

Need ladies slippers for weddings, need a few plain tops without prints instead of the numerous printed Ts that I wear.

Need massage for my stiff neck and shoulders.

Need to top up prepaid card cos its value low, at least this time my supermarket stuff decreased by more than 2/3 compared to the other time, easily RM$80.

Oh well, there is going to be a next time, next trip I aim for max RM$300 bah.

_____________________________________________

Anyway I wish to write about the massage session. At Thai Odessey, they offered only 30mins of back massage which I did the last time we went into Jusco Tebrau last month. It was very good cos my neck didnt creak for 1 week. Thereafter it returned but taking the Glucosamine has helped it, less creaking.

We went into to Jusco Indrah and arrived near 2pm, a very big improvment of timing. 2The massage, I decided to go for a 2 set of 30mins half body to make an hour. So after all the shopping and eating are done, we headed there at 8pm.

The thai lady who massaged me is very good. She is rather gentle when needed and yet can press hard enough to hit the right spots. A few times, while pressing a certain spot, she asked me if "pain". Cos she cant speak much english, some simple words, I interpret it as she like saying those particular spots seem stiff or something so that would be causing me 'pain'

Then cos its 1hr instead of 30mins, she started asking first where I would like to do more, I pointed neck and shoulders, so she did a good bit of kneading and massaging around the neck first. Then I laid down for her to do the shoulders.

She had asked me earlier if I was alright with balm, which I agreed to. Unexpectedly after that, she bared my back and used the balm to do massage (must be those oil type which I havent done), felt a bit paiseh cos my figure not that good, must have fats to knead but after a while, it felt good enough to 'forget' the slight embarassment. After the long massage with balm and oil, she came back with a HOT piece of towel to warm the back and also more pressing with the hot towel. It was very shiok cos at first the balm was cold but after kneading felt warm, later got a bit cool but with the hot towel, very shiok.

Then cover back and continue more on neck and shoulder. Finally sat up and more neck and shoulder. Finally cracking the bones. She did about 5-6 different ways of cracking my bones, though only one managed to get lots of sound. Guess my bones are alright but it felt good. Gave her a bigger tip cos I was very satisfied with her service (wanted to give RM$10 but wondered if it was too much, settled for a bit lesser) Man that is a very satisfying back massage. Think I rather continue to go for half body massage esp for neck and shoulders instead of full body. They are so much for comfortable and relaxing and way more effective for me :) That is money well-spent indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah lau, I also want some massage too.
1390