Sunday, October 25, 2009

Turning 'Soft'

Cos I wanted to resolutely lose weight. Weight kept going up, reaching a new record. I dont want to hit 70kg! So I better do it NOW. No other ways except

1) Make better food choices

2) Exercise more and regularly.

I have done 2 sessions of swimming this week, trying to align them on the same days as my driving school sessions so I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. But going swimming 3 times would make things kinda boring. I did it a few months back while I was still working but kept having a strong sense of deja vu esp if the swims were on consecutive days.

Today around 5pm, I headed to the Clementi Gym. Its been a long while since I've gone to a gym, was using swimming to lose weight instead. So I targeted exercise for the thighs, stomach and triceps/shoulders cos all of these are my problem areas where I wish to tighten up.

The slider was tough. My initial target was 20mins of that but after 5mins my legs turned jelly. Alright will use 5mins as a base to build up upon. Then I headed to do the machines. Strength wise for the machines, I found that except my quads (front of the thighs muscle) the rest all detoriated in terms of Strength. Couldnt do as heavy as I did previously. But I did 2-3 sets of 20-35s for the specific machines. Then ended with the free weights. Could only do 1 set of the routine that I used to do. Did stretches and then left. About 53mins of workout and my hands were trembling from the exertion.

In-line with better food choice, I dabao Subway sandwich 6inch and drank Coke Light. Reached home, bathed, ate that and 2 sweet potato. Then practiced guitar, now online. Later dunno if I have energy to tidy up table and/or room a bit. Think my jap homework have to be deferred. My eyes are closing... Did slap on lots of Muscular ache cream to prevent the pain from 'overexerted, long time no use' muscle aches. Hope I covered the spots, or will have a tough time for at least 2days.
_________________________________________

While I was on my way home, i thought of Quetzal's invitation to get me to go for the upcoming Halloween party (aks at disco) I had turned her down cos that day is my sister's bdae. But it suddenly struck me. Hmm if I dont go for this one, when will I ever go? Next year, the year after that? So like a pity that I just turned down cos of own fears of whatever. Was toying with the idea of going instead, breaking out of the 'comfort zone' thingy like what Tab was nagging me about. Even to say next time, "Been there, Done that." Hmm since costumes can be rented, I just treat it as a "one of the things to do once in a lifetime" Smsed Quetzal, hope to drag Tab with me to the costume rental shop. Just keep reminding myself, 'once in a lifetime'

No comments: