Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sickly / Franchisee / Investment

Sick.

Cannot 'tong' anymore. After hanging on precariously, couldnt hold on anymore on Thur. After work, I asked for permission to skip cca and made it just in time to see the doctor. Got an mc for Fri. After dinner, I just slept through the evening and even until next morning.

This morning, I still woke up normally despite switching off the alarm clock already. Just kept dozing until afternoon. I was still sickly but went ahead to (secretly) attend a franchisee talk with a collegue. I am not sure about it as my money are mostly in stocks, then my personal reserve is off-limits. Yet the huge inlay $55k-70k is beyond my one income's ability at the moment. I might be able to get better returns from shares for this sum... but that would limit my work income... Yet that amount in biz, might be capital for just 1 year of operation, really too high at my current stage. If it was lesser, I might have been more willing.

I understand that any biz has risk and that no gurantee of profitability. Also the cap on potential income is gone. Potential to earn higher than what I am getting. But I am not sure about it. The capital inlay is beyond what I am willing to fork up cos a large part of my money is in the stock market. Cannot move out. Not comfortable throwing my personal reserves all-in, like in a show-hand. Think I would still go ahead with the interview and even attend parts of the talks if I pass, cos up until the point of offering the franchisee, there is no money involved.

After that, I was dropped off home where I slept through the remaining late afternoon and evening... after an early dinner. Woke up feeling more back to normal. Guess this weekend, the priority is to sleep earlier and rest more.

On the investment front, sg stocks are falling alot. On my sg counters, I am in the red. For some, lost quite a bit... I am keeping my fingers crossed as I plan to sit through this. Not gonna sell for losses. That's where the personal reserve helps cos I can afford to wait it through.

Luckily I do invest in malaysian counters. Out of my 4, my main one has risen alot, yet I was waiting for it to go higher (greedy) and when it showed signs of falling right back down. I monitored the prices frequently (on I-phone) and still managed to about 2/3 of my holdings at about 48% profit over cost (but duration is longer than 2.5yrs, but received good dividends from it) Though this meant I would receive less dividends from this dividend-rich counter but if prices fall right back to my target, I am ready to buy back again.

Its already June and yet I'm not even hitting the 1st investment target of $10k yet. Still far from it... just feel good that I realized the gain, before it slipped back to red. Still reeling from the redness of the sg stock market. Not left with much capital to buy when the prices reach the "bottom"... still trying to decide 'how low is low enough', before I buy a couple more lots. Am tempted to transfer money from personal reserve over but dont want to invest too much as it is already so... So many decisions to make. Yet I am very happy with making these compared to others.

No comments: