Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Feeling tired

The weather's been getting colder and more rainy these past few days. My cough is acting up and a lot of phlegm. Also haven't drank coffee for 1.5 mths, only 1-2 Coke Zero after lunch. Doubly tired, can work, but not smiley nor chatty.

So far, 7 weeks plus that feels like it's a lifetime due to the recent Sports Day n even more recent exams. I stayed extra 3hrs last thur and 1hr last Fri. Used all my free time to check the books n mark those scripts. Cos I was marking scripts on thur n tallying marks on fri, on top of usual lessons, I didnt have time to check the whole 4 boxes of files and books. Given I don't come in on weekends, they just had to wait until monday. But when I came in, the Jap-eng colleagues told me they be returning all the books and files in one go. I looked at him and said I had not finished, cos I was marking the papers n tallying marks. He knows and was nice enough to let me skip the 1st after exam lesson where the classes are combined n he goes through answers. So using those 3 periods = 3hrs, I pia n finished checking all those boxes. Really see stars after that. Just in time so after lunch all returned, grades recorded in my own record. I went out to dabao lunch. After lunch due to timetable shuffle got a class, they just put the wS on my table, no instructions in eng. Got a hand-out in jap... I think it's poor planning to just expect me to be able to carry out this lesson which I didn't plan, don't know about at all by just expecting me to give the hand-out to mu students and just tell them to do? Wtf? So it's like WTFH???

Even the short list of adjectives provided as helping words are not adequate to describe character or personality. How does the adjective 'healthy' describe ur personality. I came up with a list of adjectives and wrote them on the board, with short eng explanation. So they can use. At least I provided a better list but it's tougher on me. I have to write on the chalkboard quickly. Am still not skillful in chalk. Right arm really tired after.

Then I thought it was a switch of timetable, thot the last period I was free finally. But nope, I was in the staffroom then an Aussie colleague came and told me lesson for this class is still on. Eh? So I was disorientated after the three hrs of book checkin and that extra class that I didnt realize the normal class still holds.

K so I rushed up to the class, just a few minutes after the bell to repeat that lesson which I just did for the other class. By the end of the day, I was ultra zombified. But I still made it to gym straight. After gym, went home, thought I would sleep easily but mind active.

Tue is another long lesson day. Still 4, of which I repeat the limerick-writing lesson for my own eng class and the other adjectives list for character used to write a letter. So stoned after. Bleat, after this, going to shelve the idea of writing a limerick each. Got cca, after which went home straight to rest. Tired and dozed off. Woke up to midnight and dad watching his stupid Chinese oldies loudly on tv. Fu king can hear even when door closed. I switched on anime with low volume to counter and neutralize the oldies songs. But that didn't help with my irritation with my dad. Even if u didn't have to work but to listen to these loud cheena songs in the middle of the night. WTF!!! Already tell him many times before we need to work n hence sleep so tv dont on so loud in the middle of the night. I felt myself coming down with something, wore extra clothes, turned off the fan and slept under the blankets.

Woke up not that well-rested, grumpy bu not sick. But he weather is really straining my energy and cough is pretty bad and I drank cough syrups several times to surpress it. Am not talking with the new colleague. I am not up for small talk, I have no mood to make small talk, not interested plus age-gap difference. Just do the usual good morning. I just keep to myself. Too tired to care. Decided that after work, I need to head out to chill cos I felt really work too hard, too cooped up. Headed straight off at 5pm, first time this week and went to town. Reached really fast on bus 7. Bought 4 pieces of sushi to munch first. Then walked n stoned a bit before I just sat at the benches in basement of Ion. Later near 6.30pm, went to soupspoon to chop seats. Just wanted a warm meal in my stomach to keep me warm. Even added a pot of hot tea. Felt good and warm after that. If now I don't munch anything else, according to my food record, I just about reached my daily calorie limit. Slightly under by a few calories. That's good, cos just the weekends were purely over the calories limit... Need more of such OK days and more exercise to burn off the accumulated calories and fats.

Feeling better now too. More relaxed, warm after a hot bath. Dad fell asleep so no loud tv. Hope to sleep in 10 more minutes time.

No comments: