Saturday, October 22, 2011

A whole bunch of stuff

It's been a whole string of events at the workplace.

Arranging for refreshments, meant I went down to a bakery near my home twice this week to enquire then again with a Jap colleague to confirm the order... Two days of gym gone cos after that felt tired. There was a school visit by Thais, our hosting school for the level trip next Feb, so I was to help in filming video. Freaking tired after that. And there's Sketching Day, which was at Fort Canning, and I had to walk around to take photos. OMFG!!! So mentally and on some days, too physically tired to go gym. This week still nil. I am being included more into these events where previously I didn't have to go for some and given stuff to do. While I can understand how short-handed the Jap staff can be, sometimes I wished I was excluded cos some of these are very much more tiring than actual heavy lessons day.

Next week got a level party at Little India which I couldn't refuse, cos suddenly out of
the blue, suddenly ambushed. Then after Deepavali hol, got to go to students' work attachment place to check on them and take pic. Then I still have to go back to workplace... Consolation is can eat lunch outside. Sigh... The 3rd exam is coming in mid-Nov. Feeling the strain now, it's another 9 more full weeks to go until the term ends. That's like another local school term. Another possible push is the extremely long terms I & II.

Oh well no use dwelling too hard cos work will still be there when I wake up on Mon. Weekends are precious for R&R. Though since last week, I've started looking thru recruits to keep an eye out for opportunities. No harm doing that since I have nothing much in mind.

Last Fri, met up with Quetzal n I bought 3 sport tops and 2 long track pants for $185 (using $150 Taka voucher. We had dinner at this small shop in the basement, ordering fried baby squid, cheese sausage, garlic bread and fried breaded oysters. Good and not expensive. We walked around and later landed at Balacava in Ion. It has a nice atmosphere and very good service. We ordered the promotional beer. Ordered chicken wings, very good. My appetite whetted and we ordered fried pork pieces, delicious. Comfortably relaxed.

That Sat went to JB Jusco Tebrau. It's been such a long while since I've had a massage. Gladly paid RM$91 for an hour of half body massage, focusing on my neck. Felt good after though a few spots hurt cos I think it's been too long since the last massage. My neck didn't crackle for 2 days after. We bought bread, sorbet, and ate Portuguese chicken. A nice trip, without too much misadventures.

I've realized for 3 consecutive Fridays, I've been drinking beer. The first was Brewersk (shared 2 jugs), then Balacava 3x500ml bottles in a bucket offer and last night just a mug of Asanshi.

No comments: