Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lebanese meal with promises of more & Budgeting

I am cutting down on my expenses in view of my increased contributions to home expense in Oct. So I have set up a new bank account and threw in an estimated monthly expense figure. Now starting 1st April, all my expenses comes from that account. Still on the trial stage. I wanna see what is the norm. This might take about 3 months or so to get an idea.

As part of that, I have tried to cut down my coupon purchases. In fact I have partly. In April, I bought the gelato sticks. Only when I saw the LJS then I bought 2. Then there are some once-off expense like making International Passport $124, treat at LaoBeiJing and tomorrow and coming level welcome party near end-April Sigh, the stars are against me. That's already $80 and another unknown amount... Left with less than $700 currently to pas until 30th April. Will aim for cheap meals for my usual lunch, dinner and even when eating out. Man, I feel like a fresh graduate... That period of time of this

Anyway I wanted to write about the Lebanese n Middle-Eastern food dinner with Tab. It was good! Except it wasn't as cheap without the coupon. After sharing out, we ate our fill 2mains and a side for $21-2 per pax. As opposed to $22++ for a mains alone. Tab was telling me about FH's "Cave-man diet" regime, as part of his get-fit package that costs a bomb (to me) And while eating the grill meat, which very tender, flavorful and lean, we kept talking about it, only to realise that we were in fact eating like that too. But the meat was really solid. I felt like I had 3 sticks of meat sticking in my belly, really filling despite not looking that. That's how lean meat (protein) does. Didn't feel hungry though we did eat some yoghurt after and walking around to explore and discovering a whole bunch of expensive restaurants and a few okay ones across the road from Holland Village.

I'm just gonna stick to my current coupons and redeem some here and there, not aiming to buy too much unless it's a good deal and if I have the money to spare. For now it's sticking to my usual expenses and not add anymore unnecessary purchases.

No comments: