Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Work routines In shambles and work's starting very soon

This holiday has been mostly about eating, some traveling then recuperating at home and dieting. By now, my work routine is in shambles yet the hols are ending very soon, just 2 more days to go and it'll be time to hit the ground running again until end of July.

I travelled to Malacca and Genting this hols. Ate 3 buffets so far, twice at Genting and once for the Deals coupon I bought. Ate lots of Wheat-Bix in-between the days of 'recuperating' from the two trips.

Today I went with my mom to one of the restaurants under Tung Lok as I bought 4 coupons, can use for two visits. At first maybe eat with friends but looking closer thru the menu and pricing, quite pricey and quite a few require 4 pax min. It meant it's not as much of a discount. Hence like the previous Thai lunch buffet with my sis, I asked my Mom and told her my treat, just eat with me. Made a reservation at 老北京 at PS and I chose the set menu B, which cost $38++ per pax. 6 dishes. The restaurant is nicely decorated in the old cheena theme with soothing Chinese music, like those shanghai style old songs playing. The food was good! Enjoyed almost all the dishes. The prawn was very fresh, really 弹牙 (bounce off ya teeth). I still topped up $49 after the coupons but it was a good meal. They have hi-tea buffet which seems good too, can eat all the xiao long bao and stuff. Will kiv. Then walk around with mom, found a new outlet for Emi-cake which sells very good durian puffs, massive too. My mom bought a box and we took a cab back. I paid for the meal and the cab ride back. She paid for the cab there and the durian puffs. We reached home about 3.30pm, rather early. Left about 11.20am. The good thing is avoided the ERP and also the CBD surcharges. Was tired after that cos of late night before. Fell asleep at 5pm until 8pm. Jialat, later how to sleep??? These couple of days 0 calorie deficits cos eating out really used up my calories entirely in a meal. Now I know. At least havent exceeded. Now I know why it's not easy to lose weight.

Made another reservation for Lebanese and Middle-eastern dinner tomorrow at H.V. Courtesy of another coupon. I was bored and actually found their menu n pricing online. Hope to eat exotic stuff. Also that meant very low calorie breakfast (if any) and lite lunch. Not harboring wishful thinking of calorie deficit, only that I don't overshoot.

Still haven't cut my hair n gone to the dentist. Hope to cut hair on Wed, dentist at my Golden Week hols coming soon in May.

This hols, I didn't go out and jalan around cos wanted to 'recuperate' from the trips, then later got comfortable staying at home. That doesnt mean I didn't go out, went to run errands, went for meals outside, went to Tab's place. But it's more of the lack of wander-lust, to go to the town to do shopping or walk around. Sometimes I think it's great to have a paid holiday but sometimes I think having a job keeps me focused and productive instead of slacking off. As I've said, all my work routines have degraded until by now, I sleep late, wake up and snooze or laze around, not reading anything like my investment books or music theory, not going to the gym since the hols started. The only routines still in place are the less physical of (1) counting calories and keeping track (2) expenditure tracking These two I do using I-phone apps so they still persist. I was contemplating buying this Kettle-bell which is a weight that is used to do complex exercises, aka non-isolation exercises to strengthen my by-now flabby muscles. But given I havent dragged my ass to the gym yet meant I should only consider buying when I finally restarted all the fallen work routines and I lead a more disciplined life. Did see the pricing at Aibi today. Can consider if I have surplus cash left from this month's expenses account.

No comments: