Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Krav Maga 3 - bear hugs

Finally restarted Krav Maga. Last week, I smsed too late that the class was full then. Tab went along and I 'fly her aeroplane' of sort. Asked her about it, they learnt how to punch and elbow.

So after lunch, I got my single bag with my stuff all inside, wore my shirt and jeans and headed out. First I had to cut my hair. With my dropping of hair, I dont want to aggravate the situation with any highlights though I am tempted to highlight it... but bo bian. Better give the hair a longer rest.

So after the hair cut, I headed first to the bank. To deposit the $1k cash I drew out last Sat for the failed bank account opening. Cos I dont feel comfortable carrying that around nor putting that around at home. If we are going to open a UOB account, I can just transfer my funds then. After that's done. I decided to take a bus to Orchard.

Partly to kill time, partly since I wasnt in a hurry, can afford a more leisurely pace of travel. Just listen to radio and watch the surroundings and people. I dropped off near Isetan Shaw, went into the cold storage to buy sushi to munch. I really like their omelette sushi there. They are really authentic jap style omelette. Better than the usual ones I get from supermarkets. Bought 7 pieces sushi, 4 of which are omelette. Then walked over to Far East Plaza, partly to walk a bit and find a place to sit and eat. Got a reply from Tab that she was in Robertson area. Okay, so instead of walking around, I took a bus from Far East til Liang Court area. Then navigated using i-phone map and gps until I found her at the cafe.

Since I still got to eat dinner and we are obviously staying put, I ordered a honey mustard burger and a side of wedges. The wedges came in a basket. I somewhat overestimated both our ability to eat that. In the end I ate my burger and salad, maybe a quarter and asked the rest to be packed. We walked along the river and headed to the school.

Man, eating a burger, salad and wedges just 50mins before a Krav Maga class is NOT a good idea. The warm-up is very intense. Run and bang the floor with L and R hand, jump and even bash up the punching pads they laid out upon the instructor's command. Man... my pulse was racing and nearing the end, I was thinking if they dont stop the running, I might just puke up a bit cos obviously the food is still in my stomach then. Luckily they stopped then and moved on to other stretching and push-ups and sit-ups. Those are manageable.

The lesson was to learn 2 ways to get out of a situation when someone bear hugs you from behind with the intention of lifting and slamming you. Like what Tab says, its what we used to do when we were younger and playing WWF wrestling. But with an Aggressive response and a Technical response.

The good thing is though we both hit each of our heads once accidentally, not full force, nothing severe, minor. We kept each other safe this time. Though the last mass practice of punching the pads and someone comes and bear-hugs was extremely tiring and by the end, my knuckles were bruised. Ouch...

We ended in one piece and went home. After bathing, I slapped on the muscle cream extensive and massaged my sore knuckles and lower palms. They were kinda sore from the practice of the technical response. I was looking at my right arm under the lights. Tio scratches (from the girls when we had to do the trying to grab each other from behind) and bruises on my arm and knuckles. Ouchy...

This morning, the arm muscles sore from all the bear-hugs. Legs somewhat sore from that killer warm-up. Bruises fading. Slapped on more muscle cream and massage also. So far nothing twisted, which is good. See how tomorrow. If not sore, then can do my conditioning and kettlebell exercise.

Nothing much, except I went to see the sinseh for the weekly follow-up to get a week's supply of meds. I am somewhat hoping to avoid too much expenses by staying at home, also to rest and be less stressed but $$$ is spent irregardless. For example, just 2 days go, $60 per person to fix up the Reverse - Osmosis filter, then my youngest sister's bdae present meant $85 fly away. Next week going to eat buffet with my family, we will qiah Mom and Dad plus pay for our own, so that's another $65. I was calculating the extra for the Krav Maga lessons and sinseh's once a week. Wow... I think need to hibernate at home and hope no more of such expenditure.

No comments: