Saturday, August 11, 2012

Money matters and headaches

From Oct 1st, have to start contributing an additional $300 to household expenses, courtesy of my Dad's rule. That is on top of the $5k set aside by each of us for the Upgrading. Huh? I thought they were the same but apparently they are separate. So that meant I cost my sisters to each have to cough up $5k extra...

I had thought that with the $5k, can suspend the monthly to a later date, since they are the same thing but apparently I was misunderstood, they are different. Fine then I wont cough up the $5k. The $2k I put in is prepayment for the upcoming $300 for almost 7 months then. Sian!!!

That kinda put a BIG spanner into my finances. As it is, at the current level is okay, I have extra to spend on top of my savings and commitments. Now gotta squeeze out an extra $300 is kinda leaving me with very little extra for myself on top of savings. Its much much tighter, so much so I might have to consider my spending on dinners outside, that sorta of level, cos the extra left from bills and stuff is just so much lowered, by more than 50%.


So just happened today after setting up the joint account. WTF?!!? Now I am looking at my expenses and how things work out for that, plus how can I somewhat fit it into my expenses and finances planning. Cos I dont want this to put a damper on my savings.

So something has to go....  or have to increase the inflow.

I am not looking at the investment side to off-set this but just pure salary and extra from assignment? Sigh... dont tell me have to go teach assignment again? Just to make back that extra, meant I would have to sacrifice at least 2 days in a week, otherwise cant make that rate. Or the alternative is to lower my savings.... Feeling kinda sian about that.

Money. 
We cant buy happiness with it, but cant live without it. 
ust want enough of it to have a peace of mind. 
Hmm... headache.

No comments: