Sunday, August 26, 2012

Lobster Laksa & KM4 & 5

Couldn't access Blogger from my phone via Internet and my house will be internet-less for a month. Didn't update until Quetzal n Tab told me about this app.

My first ever luxurious Lobster Laksa. At Orchard Mandarin Hotel ChatterBox. Ate it using a Groupon I bought. $40 for $80 value, with no limit on no of pax. A good deal. Wanted to treat my mom but she wasn't well. I decided to ask my younger sister who was on leave for a couple of days, to cheer her up also.

We headed out to the Guan yin temple first. Finished praying and offering the fruits, sweets n donation. Then we made our way to illuma now Bugis+ to go to the toilet and also up the Bugis market. Saw some new shops in Bugis+ but just a quick glance.

We reached ChatterBox near 1.45pm. It was almost full! We were thinking wow, so many people so free to eat a luxurious lunch? We got in and opened the menu. I must say, if I didn't have the Groupon, I wouldn't even consider eating there.

Imagine their legendary chicken rice is $25++, char quay tiao is $18++ and so on. Mostly is local food from hawker. They have western n sandwiches, steak is $40, sandwiches is about $18-20. My sis didn't like local dish so her $40 budget, she ordered Ham n cheese sandwiches & Deck sandwiches.

I decided to go for the Lobster laksa $36. Firstly it's more expensive than the legendary chicken rice. Secondly I hardly have lobster nor laksa at all. The times I have laksa per year can be counted with 0-2 fingers. So with all these, went straight for it.

The comment, is the Lobster laksa is very good. Definitely luxurious. An entire lobster is in the bowl. Meat cut up, pincers and the head with roe. Another is the gravy is think, tasty, mildly spicy and they actually drained out most of the oil. So the gravy is mostly the coconut gravy with very little oil floating above it. The fishcake slices is very soft n not fishy, think it might not be the typical fishcake. It seemed to be too smooth. The tau kwa is great and there is 2 quail eggs. A great combination. I slurped it down hungrily, ignoring the calories, gravy n all until a little bit of gravy is left. Very satisfying. My sis loved the ham n cheese sandwich. It uses good ham and is toasted until the cheese melted inside. The other sandwich wasn't as good but we were very full. Just food cos the drinks were severely over-priced. Bit very very full.

Then we went and walked around Taka. At the basement, near cold storage, there's a new bakery; French-Jap and we bought some bread home for the family. Really very refined quality but a bit pricier.
________________

Krav Maga lesson 4 is about 360 degree defense against an overhead knife threat. Supposed to pair with Tab but odd no of girls so we ended up with diff partners. I couldn't get the last part about over-extending the opponent arm until I did a bit with Tab. She on the other hand paired up with one of the Adv male guy and tio a big bruise from the repeated fending off the atk with our wrist.

Sore for another 3-4 days after that. Even with the muscle cream. When the pain increase, used medicated plasters.

KM5, we had done learnt before. Defense against an edge weapon at the neck. Did that and learnt a bit of extra pointers like punch not just palm atk. Where to atk on a person's face, 2 grips etc. Additional techniques and more practice. Still sore after that.

This has been a rather stay-home holiday. It was to let myself rest n recover my health. Hair still dropping, drinking more medicine and making sure my diet is balanced and nutritious, on top of monitoring my calories. Health is really Wealth. Genuinely come to appreciate n understand this point. Trying to cut down my cold drinks gradually to once a week. Less stress too n sleep early.

The first half of the hol is restful but 3rd week on, mom wasn't well and it became stressful at home for more than a week. Now she's better, so I hope to make the best of my last week. Plenty of resting n relaxing. That's all.

No comments: