Sunday, November 11, 2012

Almost short of a wardrobe make-over

One thing about being able to defer wants especially meant I don't shop as frequent. Yes I do spend money on food, good meals, sundries like milk, tea, bills, transport but my shopping is rather low most of the months. The pent-up wants n needs do manifest once a while. And when it does, the list is long indeed.

Tab and I went to the AFA in expo on Sat. Ate at SoupSpoon cos my stomach was giving me troubles. We took the train there, and while standing, started looking at our bruised forearms and rubbing them with a cream I brought along.

My bruises hurt more despite them being fainter. As I had told Tab, that entire area was very sore though only two small bruises appear. She had happily rubbed them for me which resulted in me yelping out in pain... Think the other passengers think we are crazy pple.

There was another "WilderBeast" migration with everyone moving in one direction. The ticketing queue was very long but fast moving. We chatted and looked on as the queue moved. I am sad to say there are some pretty female cosplayers but zilch handsome cosplayers. What a bummer! Though quite a bunch of Otaku photographers who fit completely into the stereotype of the word 'Otaku'. I was really trying not to stereotype them but when we saw some of them plus those who attended, it was the "OHhhhhh *agony* taku!!!" *puke blood*

We didn't buy anything, got a free fan and a free cup of Nescafe coffee. Then Tab's shoes died so we had a shopping emergency. We walked out and over to the ChangiCityPoint and into a shoe shop. I ended up with 2 pairs of blue & turquoise sneakers in my size, a 10!!! And new sets of ankle socks. (I had needed more socks and a pair of shoes for some time)

Then we headed to the top floor. With the intention to walk down from the top. There were outlet shops of various brands there. I ended up with a new formal long-sleeved shirt from G2000, a new cushy white-military flip-flops and a brand new Lacoste bag that is more structured, had width and the size I was looking for. Out-shopped Tab easily. Man arms are heavy from lifting those bags around.

FYI I still had quite a number of stuff to buy eg Sleeveless v-neck Ts, sleeveless exercise tops, 3/4 khakis for work, 3/4 exercise bottom, a new pair of sports shoes, a long-sleeved T or two, a few more nicer, fitting T-shirts, new pair of jeans, belts, box of contacts, and a new umbrella. Not all of them are wants, quite a few are needs. Just that I don't go out on shopping bouts during the weekend or even weekdays when I am out. Kinda build up after a while. This month's expenditure is higher cos of them but no deficit, just reduced savings.

On the train ride back, is another rubbing of the bruises and yelping out in pain.

No comments: