Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The year is zooming past n 1st target

The year is kinda zooming past fast. Plus I work in a place where the academic year starts in April - March, so the sense of time is even more distorted. I would look and realize that while the Term 2 is still far from over, by the time it does, the year is over. My sense of time is really distorted at times.

In that sense, time passes both quickly and yet slowly... Slowly every day until the weekend, then quickly over the weekend and yet weeks n months passed by rather quickly.

It kinda dawned on me that I have been with the class of this year for almost 7.5 mths already. Just another 4.5 mths then they are promoted. Then the cycle repeats another round...

I do want time to slow down a bit more especially when more candles are added to my bdae. Not long ago, I was a student, then Uni then started working. I am still kinda like what l was then, save for less naive, but still feel and think like that... But I've learnt to be more forgiving of my own mistakes n flaws. Want to have a simpler life, take joys from the simpler things in life.

So far this year of no extra assignment income is fruitful. I go for Krav Maga once a week, weekly sinseh follow-up, then the rest, I could rest on days I was mentally exhausted, also do about 1-2 own conditioning workout a few hours after dinner. Even find the inspiration from cca to pick up the guitar and practice. Some days lie on the floor, reading storybooks.

So investment income-wise, took me up til now to reach the 1st investment target of reaching $5k n over. Missed 2 oppts due to listening to Dad, sold too early. Have to learn not to listen. The extra is welcomed especially due to reduced pay, bonus and now extra $300 monthly. Really tight cos I am trying to maintain the same level of personal saving but it's not really do-able. The first month of Oct, overshot my budget... Really no leeway extra to play with... Hope for pay raise n more investment gains.

Maybe this year won't hit 2nd target, as long as I get it in my pocket, whichever "accounting year", I don't really care.

No comments: