Sunday, February 10, 2013

CNY - sick

Now I am wide awake despite downing a Brother Cider 7%, cos I slept from 1pm til 5.30pm and woke up just in time for the reunion dinner. Made a Lamb brothers after and slept from 7pm until 12am. Woke up and lay in bed just in time for the New Year to arrive. I lazed until 12.30 then went outside to eat some peanut butter chocs and caramel chocs (eyeball from Halloween) and drink the chilled Festival Pear Cider.

Instead of being sleepy, I am now wide awake. Never mind, play cheat a bit and 守睡 though I think I might have 'cheated' a bit cos of the sleeping earlier.

The past week had been tough after the work trip. Nursing fatigue and later I developed sore throat on Sat evening. Made it through Sunday only to see it turn into diarrhea. Which I somehow survived through Monday. By Tuesday, I had blocked nose and cough. By Wed, it was more cough and some light-headedness. Thursday was more of still having cough and feeling of semi-unwell and Friday was a time when my endurance ran really low and was almost half-way to throwing in the towel.

Needless to say though, my fuse was shorter than the usual. Those who dare to act up, felt my wrath through a loud and stern scolding. I didn't care I had to raise my voice at those idiots. Fear my wrath. Too bad, cos I was struggling with being semi-sick and u do stupid things. Too bad, I don't feel bad.

Was glad when the long weekend finally came. Hence after last night's of eating pork knuckles and beer for Quet's bdae, today I was kinda dead to the world. Short of mealtimes, I was either lying in bed or sleeping. Think I need some more rest to recover my energy.

The song that I have been practicing is almost done, except for my uneven rhythm and sometimes I forgot the chords cos have to memorize the chords of the entire song, almost done. I practiced until a layer of dead skin peeled off my fingers but that was painless. The price of playing the acoustic guitar.

All these bingeing from all the celebrations meant I have to do my own conditioning tomorrow to keep to the 7-day routine, cannot afford to break it with all the over-eating. Things start tomorrow.

No comments: