Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ironies - food & food

Imagine downing 18 pieces of sushi, a curry puff and 3 sticks of fried stuff (squid, fish and crab) from old Chang kee for dinner. To be truthful, I left 4 pieces of sushi and 4 pieces of fried stuff for a second round to finish up. Told my sisters and they were shocked n amazed by HOW much I ate. Actually I was somewhat surprised too. Guess my stomach was better?

Unfortunately the next day my stomach wasn't well. Eating those crap meant I had tummy aches and had to go clear my bowels. Ironically today last minute inform me I would have to eat lunch with my class cos the form had to set up projector and stuff for a short briefing immediately after lunch. Bo bian, luckily I had a large apple and my rice crisp sticks. Brought up 1 stick and my apple. Unintended detox lunch? So healthy...

While I was biting through the big apple of mine, a couple of students looked intently at me... This happened from the start of the year, cos maybe the way I bite the apple is not feminine or what. Some are amused/amazed? At this group, 3 were staring at me eating my apple. Then one said that I was cool. Huh? Eating apple??? I pieng sang at the teacher's table. Then he said I was cool cos he remembered the Muay Thai experience. I walked over and told him, he's cool too cos he's got some nice photos of him doing Muay Thai. Then I walked back and continued to munch my apple and keep an eye on everyone. Noticed the other 2 girls staring intently at me... One had gone for Muay Thai also. Dunno what she wanted her friend to look at? The way I bite the apple...? Make me do self-conscious. Later just looked away from that direction and ate my lunch = apple. Man... What an experience. Only this year especially the start of the year, I had been closely scrutinized at times when I ate lunch with the various classes. Especially when I eat an apple. Why?

Anyway I had to struggle with feeling rather unwell, stomach-wise plus cramps of sort. Yo-yoed between okay and bad-but-hanging-on. Managed through to the end of the day. Had to OT cos the heavy rain kept me back. Use some time to clear some bits of work. Went for KM still. By then just feeling mentally tired, cramps are gone. Managed to get through.

Really hope to wake up, feeling more okay tomorrow.

No comments: