Saturday, May 04, 2013

Carousel Buffet Reloaded

I jio Tab for a buffet, a tradition we have had for many years since we started as Educators. It's like a school holiday tradition at least once a year. Didn't matter that now we follow different academic calendar and hence different holidays. What matters was to go for a buffet, usually Suki Sushi and gorge ourselves silly n talk.

As Tab aptly mentioned, today's one is a big upgrade cos instead of Suki Sushi, that would have cost about $25+, we have gone upscale to Carousel Hi-Tea, that would set us about $50+ (with credit card discount, was $46)

The quality is definitely higher than our usual. This time round, I only targeted 2 main things to eat unlike the first time with my mom. I chose to eat lots of sashimi and prawns. I also had space for dessert n chocolate fondue which I didn't eat the previous time. I also had this tuna salad with couis-couis (dunno how to spell that) a sort of grain that features in Middle-eastern cuisine.

I actually counted what I ate; 31 slices of salmon, 11 tuna, 1 tai and 13 prawns, a generous serving of the tuna salad with couis-couis, baby potatoes and for dessert; all small slices of brownie, chocolate cake, chocolate moouse, coffee chocolate moouse, peacan pie and for the fondue, 6-7 small puffs, 4 small sponge cakes and 3 small cubes of cake all dipped generously in Green Tea Chocolate. I wanted to put a cup into the fountain to scoop out the chocolate but that might get me banned so I made sure my stuff were generously covered so much that quite a bit also landed on my plate. So my coated selection were sitting in a big puddle of Green Tea Chocolate. Yummy! Cos of that I didn't have to go to MBS and aim their GT Royce chocs. Satisfied with that. Drank cups of tea there and even after reaching home. Now making another cup.

Forget about calories at that point. I'll aim for simpler and plainer food in my remaining GW. Tomorrow I shall aim to do some KB n triceps dips to compensate. At least by today, I have mostly recovered from the sore muscles from KM earlier in the week.

Walked with Tab until near OG before we parted ways. I walked until near Haw Par building to hop on my bus. On the journey, felt bloated. Reached home, made thick tea, drank and fell asleep. Woke up, think most of the food is digested, though still a bit full. Hence another cup of strong tea.

Tab's suggestion was to go for this very attas and hence of course even more expensive champagne buffet, sometime before August. It's pricey but those once in a life-time thingy. Plus DF has a 50% deal for 2. Hmm... We would have to watch our diets very strictly until then. Plus wanted to rub FH in the face with our weight loss to 'pressure' him to pay us instead of that Caveman routine he dined up for.

So our salvage work starts tomorrow to undo today's damage. Until the next buffet, have to eat more consciously n exercise =)

No comments: