Saturday, May 11, 2013

Ramen & Ciders (paid the same price, but its a better deal than work parties)

I'm not sure how many females skipped out of the Female after-work party last night, but I suspect I'm the only one... Don't care too much.

Joined the rather long wait outside the Kesukei Tonkotsu (Pork) Ramen place outside Orchid Hotel. Saw the queue and joined in first while waiting for the rest to arrive. Quet came later by then, we've reached the front where there's seats. Just nice for my aching knees. This week I think I have been standing too many hours and climb up and down those bloody stairs too many times due to the classes and events that its really sore when I am trying to pull myself up using the railings as support... A concerned colleague offered me a spray for relief. I thanked him and told him I have lots of those muscle creams. Think I will be wearing both guards under my pants for the next week or so. Not just for KM...

When Candle arrived, we were still seated outside but could hand our orders to the server and later waited to be called in. The decor is almost identical to the Tori-On. But I guess Tori-On which is hte third restaurant is based on the idea of this restaurant. Within minutes of being seated, our orders came. Ate a generous serving of their pickled bean sprouts. The pork ramen is good too. But if you ask me which is better, I think the chicken one. Reason is simple, the chicken drumstick they gave is huge and with all toppings which comes with 2 big slices of pork, there's a lot of meat in the ramen. It makes for a heartier meal. The pork ramen comes with 2 slices of pork, the onsen egg, seaweed and the black fungus, is a slightly lighter meal cos of the lesser meat. My friends all know me to be a very meat and savory food person. So if I have to go for a good ramen next time, I'll go for the Tori-On. The meal cost me less than $20.

We finished and walked a very short distance to Lil Papa Wayne's. All 3 of us ordered ciders. I got the Perry pear cider (500ml) 7% alcohol, $16. To me, it tasted pretty good. Nice drink after a meal. So we relaxed, chatted a bit, sipped the cider. Then Candle and I ordered our second ciders. This time I got the Westons oak aged apple cider (500ml) 8.6% alcohol, $16. I think it's a pretty good cider too, considering the number I have tasted, based on original flavors instead of mixed ciders. We ordered and shared a hotdog. For me, cos the ramen is somewhat digested then so its nice to munch a small bite to break the monotony of just alcohol. Found out that Lil Papa Wayne is closing by the end of May and moving. The new location is still not decided but I have them on Facebook so will track them.

After we are done, Quet drove home. I walked with Candle to a nearby bus stop so she can get her bus without having to take the train elsewhere first. After that I walked to the opposing lane and hopped on a bus towards Vivo, then switched bus to reach home just before midnight.

In total, I spent about $60 last night. It would have been almost the same as the Female-party, but it's on dinner, alcoholic drinks that tasted much better than just Tiger beer and even a second bite - hotdog, plus with friends whom I can relax with and not be tensed up and be reminded of work. This is definitely more worth it.

No comments: